2011 GT500 vs Porsche 911 Carrera S4

YELL03

Established Member
I was cruising around in my TVS swapped 2011 GT500 Convertible today, temps in the upper 40s, I was testing the traction of my Michelin Pilot A/S 3s, good information to have in my data bank.

1st gear is still useless, 2nd gear would spin the tires if I hit it at well over 60mph, but it is controllable, and I even got it to get a little bit squirelly on a 3rd gear punch. When it is around 70 degrees out 2nd gear will stick.

While on the highway I saw a Porsche 911 Carrera S4 coming up fast, so I dropped it to 3rd (no sense going to 2nd for this encounter) and nailed it to let him know I would play a little. I won't seriously street race, but small exhibitions of power are OK.

I then backed off and let him get next to me and of course it was over almost as soon as it started and I did not want to rub it in.

The guy was very cool and gave me a big thumbs up, I don't think he expected a car to just rocket away like that from over 60mph.

My car made 590rwhp SAE, that same day a new stock 2013/14 GT500 made 568rwhp, so I figure I make around 685 at the crank. I think the Carrera was somewhere around 355-385 and probably weighs a few hundred pounds less than my car, so the outcome was expected.

kaz109

Established Member
Good kill OP, just curious why u feel he didn't expect a car to rocket from 60mph? Think you are the first modded car he has ever seen? Lol....and the C4S are 400hp so you are correct, nobody was surprised by the outcome .

YELL03

Established Member
Good kill OP, just curious why u feel he didn't expect a car to rocket from 60mph? Think you are the first modded car he has ever seen? Lol....and the C4S are 400hp so you are correct, nobody was surprised by the outcome .

My car doesn't look like the type car to be modded being a Vert.

168_zps3c4bfd77.jpg

YELL03

Established Member
Car looks great and nice kill, never know what somebody is going to have under the hood.

I always wonder if I ever would pull up next to a C6 Z06 and lose, is he stock or modded. I would never expect it to be modded.
If stock I can't see losing, but I would always wonder.

Nice kill.

My sister lives off County Line road in Bucks, beautiful country in Pa.

I also live right off County Line Rd.

YELL03

Established Member

Thanks

Your vert shelby weighs 4,000 pound. That porsche weighs around 3,000 pound !!

They aren't that light.
I had a 2007 911 Targa 4, I am pretty sure it weighed over 3500.

I always wonder if I ever would pull up next to a C6 Z06 and lose, is he stock or modded. I would never expect it to be modded.
If stock I can't see losing, but I would always wonder.

You will beat a bone stock c6 z06 easy.

I don't know about easy, it all depends if I can get the power to the ground.

kaz109

Established Member
Thanks

They aren't that light.

I don't know about easy, it all depends if I can get the power to the ground.

A fully loaded 4S is sub 3,400 so I am sure it wasn't over 3,500. A 4S is on my radar for my next dd so I have been doing my homework on it lol

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Was this against a 997 or the new 991? Those new S/4S's do 11's outta the box with just over 400 crank, fastest automatic I've driven.

Now when those 991 turbo come out those will be some solid races for you guys

kaz109

Established Member
Was this against a 997 or the new 991? Those new S/4S's do 11's outta the box with just over 400 crank, fastest automatic I've driven.

11's would be a glory run for a 4S, mid-low 12's is more realistic but that is because of the launch and you can tell that from its trap. The 4S is a truly amazing car but in now way is it a straight line car. PDK+race track=heaven!!!!!

YELL03

Established Member
Thanks

They aren't that light.

A fully loaded 4S is sub 3,400 so I am sure it wasn't over 3,500. A 4S is on my radar for my next dd so I have been doing my homework on it lol

It has been a while, I stand corrected.

This was not the brand new one, I was next to one of those the week before, guy wanted to play, but I had my wife in the car.
I told the guy that and he laughed and said that always happens to him when he is with his wife.

Even if they could run 11s, I don't think they trap high so from a move I would not think it would be all that close.

Any Turbo would be a good run, they never have a problem putting the power down with AWD at any speed. I would not want to try one from a dig.

Not to sound like a wuss, but I really don't like to go from a dig on the street, it makes for a longer race and more chance of getting caught by Law Enforcement or even worse, Driver Error causing a wreck. I know on my All-Season radials my car is not the safest car to be pushing it in 1st gear, especially on the 1-2 shift things can get wild in a hurry, TC does not seem to intervene enough to save it.

kaz109

Established Member
You are correct, doesn't matter if it was a 997 or 991 it would not be close from any mph roll.

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Both guys driving them were very cool, the guy last week has the sport exhaust and chrono package, it looked like it moved out pretty well.

Yeah that's the package my dad has on his 911 4s cab, car handles like its on rails, twice as well as the 996 turbo S he had.. But that thing was just so fun when boost kicked in especially since it was tuned with full exhaust..

The 4S feel more inline with my Bolton 5.0 in terms of straight line performance. Though my dad a few months back ran into another younger guy on the road with a 5.0 who said he just had long tubes installed.. They had a quick little run but pushing it on a bit of a twisty road, to the Porsche had clear upper hand to keep it ahead of the mustang. Although, pops has been reluctant to line up with mine..

kaz109

Established Member
Yeah that's the package my dad has on his 911 4s cab, car handles like its on rails, twice as well as the 996 turbo S he had.. But that thing was just so fun when boost kicked in especially since it was tuned with full exhaust..

The 4S feel more inline with my Bolton 5.0 in terms of straight line performance. Though my dad a few months back ran into another younger guy on the road with a 5.0 who said he just had long tubes installed.. They had a quick little run but pushing it on a bit of a twisty road, to the Porsche had clear upper hand to keep it ahead of the mustang. Although, pops has been reluctant to line up with mine..

Line em up and run through the canyons my money is on the 6cyl ....

YELL03

Established Member

I'll take a Turbo S please, I am more of a straight line guy.
I wish I could have AWD and just plant it and put the power down.

Users who are viewing this thread