2011 GT500 SVTPP front rotor warped at 12K

E36M3

I believe I need a Brembo caliper rebuilt.
Car only has about 12,000 miles.
Drove it at Sonoma for a weekend and at about 8k and the right rotor warped.
Replaced both rotors and pads with OEM parts.
Rotor is warped again.
I'm assuming I cooked the right front caliper at the track.
Assume I need someone to rebuild it.
Can anyone recommend brake shops in St Louis?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Hi E36, welcome to the forums! Well I dont know any brake shops in your area, but for the labor and parts you would be charged, you could buy a brand new one from Tasca or this unit from tousleys (now called autonation white bear lake ford)

http://parts.autonationfordwhitebea...akes-cat/front-brakes-scat/?part_name=caliper

They always have excellent prices, even on Ford motorsport parts. Tasca is excellent as well, but my experience is with White Bear lake.

Also, as a technician myself, Id rather have a new factory unit installed in this instance than trying to rebuild one. Something as critical as a safety item like a brake caliper, go new.

E36M3

So is this the Brembo caliper that comes with the SVTPP package? The image shows a cheap single pot brake caliper like on 95% of all cars.
That's a great price if its the right part. Some how I think the Brembos cost more than $427, discounted to $282.

Snoopy49

Established Member
They tend to use generic photos, so you don't always get what you see, but you get the right part. They will ask you for your VIN number, just to make sure you ordered the right part. Notice that there is a $50 core charge.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Definitely a generic part picture, like Snoopy said. Enter your VIN number and it will pop up as the same.

They and Tasca make their money on volume by selling at these prices. Easy to see why they are successful!

You'll have a $50 core charge added, but just put the old caliper back in the box and ship it back to them and your core charge will be refunded.

Users who are viewing this thread