2011 GT500 sets new track record

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
It'd be interesting to see the same driver, on the same day, run that course in a 2011 GT as well...

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
I'm left wondering how much of a professional that driver really is? Maybe he's more used to paddle shifters...:lol1:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I'm left wondering how much of a professional that driver really is? Maybe he's more used to paddle shifters...:lol1:

Well he crushed last years number, but I agree he came in hot and slid the car through some turns.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Means nothing to me unless the same driver test a 2010 and 2011 back to back on the same track, they never state if it was the same driver/conditions or not. 9 seconds is almost impossible to believe that is 100% car improvements

I agree, It's probably a few seconds quicker, not 9.

BLK03SVT

Mike
Established Member
I don't see how the 2011 is worth 9 seconds over the 2010. This test was great and all, but has anyone seen just a standard review/test of the 2011. I'm surprised that MotorTrend or the like haven't gotten a hold of one yet to test- especially since they've hit the showroom floor already.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Is this the same track that bruce ran a 2:17 on with his tuned and tired 07 gt500?

Just trying to put things in perspective. I believe the stock Z06 runs sub 2:10 on this course.

Klay

Established Member
Is this the same track that bruce ran a 2:17 on with his tuned and tired 07 gt500?

Just trying to put things in perspective. I believe the stock Z06 runs sub 2:10 on this course.

Virginia Internation Raceway Track Times

According to this website, the C6 Z06 ran a 2:58.2 time. Of course, it was a magazine that received that time so who knows how indicative that is of all Z06's.

Based on the list provided by that website, it seems the 2011 GT500 is in some good company, besting even the Ford GT.

That website could be incorrect though with the times listed or other people may have achieved better times on their own, so take it with a grain of salt.

Greg@SVTOA

A.K.A Greg@GLD
Established Member
Here would be an interesting perspective... This video shows a PP-equipped car. That's a $3495 optional package. People are comparing the performance to a base model 2010.

Take a 2010 (or an '07-'09 for that matter) and spend $3495 any way you like on just improving road course handling. Now line these two cars up and post some info... ;)

Steve@BAS

Established Member
Means nothing to me unless the same driver test a 2010 and 2011 back to back on the same track, they never state if it was the same driver/conditions or not. 9 seconds is almost impossible to believe that is 100% car improvements

I think same things too, but it might be because you and I just got 2010 GT500s recently! lol, we made good choices right?!?!

tvuser

Established Member
I would say that the times could be possible,because there is supposed to be some special compound tire for the performance package. And tires are very important.

Users who are viewing this thread