2011 GT500 pump upgrade???

hotford

Established Member
I currently have a 2011 GT500 and looking to upgrade the factory pumps in tank, currently have a KB BAP with stock lines, just wanted better pumps to run E-85 with as the system is maxed out now with a pump gas set up....,does anyone know if any of the walbro or aeromotive pumps will drop into place with minimal mods to the hat assembly???

not wanting to go return style just yet........

I did a seach and nothing come up.........

any help would be great........

Last edited:

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
The Walbro 465's won't fit a stick hat from what I'm told. The Aeromotive pumps I'm not sure about being E85 safe. However, the AEM 50-1200e and the deatschwerks pumps are E85 compatible. I'd recommend the AEM's though and would get them if I was to do it again. Better yet, if you can just save up a little and upgrade your hat and put the Walbro pumps in instead would be ideal. What size injectors are you running? From what I've heard your stock pumps with a BAP should be all you need aside from ID1000's or larger injectors. (Depending on your mods of course.)

hotford

Established Member
The Walbro 465's won't fit a stick hat from what I'm told. The Aeromotive pumps I'm not sure about being E85 safe. However, the AEM 50-1200e and the deatschwerks pumps are E85 compatible. I'd recommend the AEM's though and would get them if I was to do it again. Better yet, if you can just save up a little and upgrade your hat and put the Walbro pumps in instead would be ideal. What size injectors are you running? From what I've heard your stock pumps with a BAP should be all you need aside from ID1000's or larger injectors. (Depending on your mods of course.)

I have the stock pumps with a KB BAP and ID 1000 now and the pumps are almost at max, so E85 is out till i get better pumps...

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

That looks like it is aimed at the GT guys for single pump upgrade. I run a pair of DW200's in my modded stock hat. My tuner said I would be good to 800ish, currently at 707HP on corn, ID1000's and dual BAP.

Picture1_zpsmzd5uhzg.jpg

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
yes i seen the same thing.........07-10, dont know what has changed frm 11 and up, although the elctronics on the car was upgraded form ford for 11 up shleby's........

I'm running the DW300m's and am at about 78% duty cycle on E85 with a BAP. Out of curiosity what are your other mods? Also, check with your tuner to see which pumps they prefer to tune.

Edit: I'm thinking it may be rated different due to the differences in the voltage supplied to the pumps. I think the connections and sizes are compatible from 07-12.

Last edited:

hotford

Established Member
right now as it sits,3.4 whipple crusher set up, FFRP twin 65mm,Kooks 1 7/8 LT with match off road X pipe,flow master mufflers,JLT carbon 127 mm inlet,Gords HE with twin fans,KB BAP, ID 1000,carbon fibre DS......
she's at mid 7s and the fuel systems can't support anymore unless the pumps get upgraded......

gonna look into the DW300M as they seem the best bet right now to drop right into the existing hat...
this will allow me to run the E85 set up for the track and then switch back to 93 pump tune...

Last edited:

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
yes i seen the same thing.........07-10, dont know what has changed frm 11 and up, although the elctronics on the car was upgraded form ford for 11 up shleby's........

Correct. The FPDM's are different from 11 on. However the 2010 has the same pump as the 11 and 12, but has the 07-09 (and 2010) FPDM's. Basically the main difference between a 07-09 pump and a 10-12 pump is the fuel level sensor. It has the resistor values reversed..

LEXiiON

hotford

Established Member
Correct. The FPDM's are different from 11 on. However the 2010 has the same pump as the 11 and 12, but has the 07-09 (and 2010) FPDM's. Basically the main difference between a 07-09 pump and a 10-12 pump is the fuel level sensor. It has the resistor values reversed..
LEXiiON

Yes I remember that now.... so the 300M pumps should fall into place.........

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
Yes I remember that now.... so the 300M pumps should fall into place.........

Yes, they will just drop right in and they will flow more than the advertised 340lph because of your BAP. So kind of a bonus on that. Side tip, buy some new OEM filter socks because the ones that come with the pumps aren't very good. They break really easy and they don't fit right in the hat.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Yes, they will just drop right in and they will flow more than the advertised 340lph because of your BAP. So kind of a bonus on that. Side tip, buy some new OEM filter socks because the ones that come with the pumps aren't very good. They break really easy and they don't fit right in the hat.

How much will a pair of 300s support without the BAP?

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
How much will a pair of 300s support without the BAP?

I was sitting around 650rwhp on E85 at 3200ft and maxing out around 4200-4500 rpms with ID1000's. So at sea level maybe 600? I don't know how to factor in the elevation and the hp levels from 4500-6250 to make an accurate guesstimate. My system was supposed to be good to 750-800 but that didn't happen obviously.

P.S. It was on a mustang dyno.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

If I recall, for '11+ GT500s, both fuel pumps reside in one hat. The '07 - '10 GT500s have a pump on either side of the fuel tank. However, Lexiion has done a full-on GT500 clone, so what he says is probably correct.

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
If I recall, for '11+ GT500s, both fuel pumps reside in one hat. The '07 - '10 GT500s have a pump on either side of the fuel tank. However, Lexiion has done a full-on GT500 clone, so what he says is probably correct.

07-09 and 10-12 have both pumps in one hat. The thing on the passenger side is just a sender and provides access to the other side of the saddle for the regular fuel pump on the drivers side. Remember, the 2010 pump IS THE SAME PUMP as 11-12 (AR3Z-9H307-B). Just the FPDM's are different, as 07-10 relies on an external fuel shutoff switch in case of an accident and 11+ shuts the fuel off in the FPDM, triggered by the RCM.

Hope this clarifies the fuel pump differences :D

Happy modding your pumps ....

LEXiiON

Users who are viewing this thread