2011 gt500 mod decisions

rickrubin2

Established Member
Hi there I recently picked up a 2011 grabber blue gt 500 it has pulley,intake,tune,exhaust. I am currently getting parts together so far I have tss billet oil pump gears. Mmr billet crankshaft gears. L&m custom ground cams with titanium springs and retainers. So I was looking at getting the new vmp gen 2 tvs along with the throttle body and their triple pass heat exchanger. Is there any other mods or things I should take care of before I dig into the car? Thanks for any input!
0dda687671f49d6093995b640e2fdefd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barspen

Established Member
Congrats...that would be a monster build.

I'd highly recommend some suspension work - Lower Control Arm and maybe Upper Control arm and so sticky tires to keep the wheels where you want them.

Are you planning to track it, take it to the strip or will it primary be used on the street?

Mainn

Established Member
You might want to have a think about tires & suspension to go along with the extra power. Otherwise, a Gen II sounds like a good idea!

We're here to help. Feel free to call us. :)

ponyboy96

Established Member
Budget for a new clutch. If you're on the stock one, it won't last long under that power.

rickrubin2

Established Member
Ok so new clutch for sure. I currently have bmr lower control arms with relocation brackets along with the adjustable upper control arm and bmr adjustable panhard bar. I have shifter installed already Shelby racing. I also just bought new Nito 555 g2 for the car.

Last edited:

78ta

Established Member
I am extremely happy with my vmp gen 2 kit (see sig below) who is going to tune your car? Just noticed your from Tennessee good luck with your build.

rickrubin2

Established Member
I currently live in Houston so I will be having psi motorsports install the cams and tune the new setup. In tn I had great experiences with dynospeed

BroncoHorvath

Established Member
congrats... should be a beast with the mods you have and the ones you want. I had the VMP 800hp kit along with some rear suspension, VMP heat exchanger, 3x coolant container and a set of Nitto 555's up front and rear Nitto 555r's installed, and the car is a beast. I went with the 25 pulley and will go with the 24 and a couple of other mods once l get used to this new power....
Enjoy your ride...

Users who are viewing this thread