2011 GT500 - H&R Sport Rear Lowering Springs - Before/After

YELL03

Established Member
Just installed H&R Sport Rear lowering springs on my 2011 GT500 Vert, they are a 3/4" drop.

The ride is no different from stock from my limited 30 minute drive home dodging potholes.

Here is a before and after, what a difference cosmetically.

Before:

GT500washedampsunnypics071_zps49e3d29b.jpg

GT500washedampsunnypics107_zps0d0110af.jpg

After:

Febrauary2014loweringsprings006_zpsf9f6d9d8.jpg

Febrauary2014loweringsprings007_zps89a08fd3.jpg

since64

Black and Gold
Established Member
Lowering springs transform the looks of the Mustang. You'll love 'em. I noticed a slightly rougher ride long term, but not anything really to complain about.

YELL03

Established Member
Lowering springs transform the looks of the Mustang. You'll love 'em. I noticed a slightly rougher ride long term, but not anything really to complain about.

Being I went with only rear springs and a slight drop (1" max) along with shorter bump stops, I think the ride will be almost the same.

I don't plan on driving much until all the potholes are patched, I can't afford another 2 rims and a tire again.

YELL03

Established Member
Last, but not least, it definitely could use an adjustable panhard bar to center the rear, but I probably won't do one as it is not noticeable from behind the car.

Loweringspringscentered001_zps97fbb643.jpg

Loweringspringscentered003_zps78c201c7.jpg

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
YELL03, look'in good! I put H&R Sports on the rear only at first, but the springs settled to a little over 1.5 inches of drop on my Coupe, so the rear appeared lower than the front when looking at the gap between the tires and fenders. I went ahead and installed the front springs which lowered the front exactly 1 inch. The ride quality is great, only slightly stiffer than stock with a lower center of gravity. I did have to correct the negative camber though for my driving style... one mod always leads to another.

YELL03

Established Member
YELL03, look'in good! I put H&R Sports on the rear only at first, but the springs settled to a little over 1.5 inches of drop on my Coupe, so the rear appeared lower than the front when looking at the gap between the tires and fenders. I went ahead and installed the front springs which lowered the front exactly 1 inch. The ride quality is great, only slightly stiffer than stock with a lower center of gravity. I did have to correct the negative camber though for my driving style... one mod always leads to another.

I will keep an eye on it.
If it drops more it will be as easy as adding front springs.
The ride quality right now is PERFECT.

Users who are viewing this thread