2011 GT500 guys with 13/14 mufflers?

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I think this visual will point out the differences.....( 11 & 14 )
01-17-2014_PICS_006.jpg

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
hey yea thanks for the visual, I know what it looks like but wondering more for the guys who have an 11 that converted it what all parts are actually required. if the bumper needs to be swapped because they look different. or if you can just switch out some smaller things.

Nice cars by the way

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
I believe the swap is easy if you contact American Muscle , FRPP or another vendor and asking about the bottom strip or rear valance for '13-14 with the larger twin exit openings. I sold mine to a GT owner who already had the fascia in his trunk. I'd assume there's a similar match up for GT500.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I believe the swap is easy if you contact American Muscle , FRPP or another vendor and asking about the bottom strip or rear valance for '13-14 with the larger twin exit openings. I sold mine to a GT owner who already had the fascia in his trunk. I'd assume there's a similar match up for GT500.
Not that easy. Easy if you have a '13-14 GT but any '10-12 car needs the rear bumper, lights, etc conversion.
Or full on custom.
I love the '13-14 mufflers and have 2 extra sets if anyone interested.
-J

RBB

Established Member
Not that easy. Easy if you have a '13-14 GT but any '10-12 car needs the rear bumper, lights, etc conversion.
Or full on custom.
I love the '13-14 mufflers and have 2 extra sets if anyone interested.
-J
I've been on the fence about doing this mod for awhile, but haven't been able to stomach the cost of a new bumper, paint, etc when I've got more important mods to make.

As bimini said, it's unfortunately not as easy as swapping out the fascia on the GT500. If you're going for the 13/14 rear end look you can always do the tails now and hold off on the quad tips until a later time. They're plug and play and AM sells a Raxiom trim piece that attaches to the bottom of the lights and eliminates the fender gap. I've done that to tide me over until I feel like swapping bumpers.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
In my opinion i think the 10-12 Mufflers sound so close to the 13/14 that its not worth spending that kind of coin to swap bumpers etc.. but if its for the looks i understand. Ive seen a few locally here and they just take a die grinder and take some extra plastic off to fit the additional tip. Doesn't look terribly but definitely not oem. FYI you can buy a 13/14 GT or V6 bumper and you just buy the GT500 lower valence...

Cheapest route is rent a V6 vert from enterprise in your color and swap the rear out and then return it lol

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
Well I learned something here ...perhaps should've searched AM's site before posting my suggestion.
Cheapest route is rent a V6 vert from enterprise in your color and swap the rear out and then return it lol
Ooh...sounds like the old Shelby Hertz Rental scam revisited :)->) !

455HO71

Established Member
I have an '11 and over the past few months, acquired a 2014 bumper and valance and diffuser to do the swap. My plans changed slightly and I decided to try to modify my stock lower valance (I think the 10-12 valance looks better IMO) and install quad tips. My original plan was to use stock 2014 mufflers from a friend but decided on going with Magnaflow's Competition mufflers. The install was easy as they use the same hanger positions. Love the look!

thumbnail_20171104_161509_resized.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread