2011 GT vs. CTSV

pohnjarker

Established Member
I see a CTSV(dont know the year or mods) around town sometimes but usually never when i am in the stang. next time i see him around town, i'll stop and ask about his ride.

Friday i took the Mustang to work since it was a nice day out. i always look for cool cars on the road but when i'm in the mustang, i look for fast cars since i dont drive it all that often.

on the way home, i made it to Crandall when i passed a CTSV on the highway, as i was passing him, i gave him a little rev to say hello and let him know to lets go if he wanted.

a few miles down the road, we got some open space so i dropped down into third and waited for him to come next to me. i dont know the MPH because my speedo is off ~10mph or so since the gear swap. we line up and he gave me the hit since wouldnt go. i slowly pressed the pedal down until i saw him jump, then i floored it. no spin :rockon:

the road got a tad bumpy so i let off for a split second and then back on it, ran out half of fifth and was at around 130(on my speedo) when i let off. he was about a car behind.

we lined up again and i think he learned his lesson because he did not give me the hit again...lol. we both took the hit and because i didnt slowly press the pedal this time, i dropped the hammer and jumped out a car or so. pulled another half car when i changed into 4th gear and ran that out. by the time i let off, i was a good 2-3 cars ahead.

all in all, it was awesome. we had a couple nice runs and he gave me one of these before i continued on. :rockon:

ETA: before anyone calls bullshit, i do have a paxton and put ~620 to the wheels.

Last edited:

92fiveohfox

Established Member
I call bs that you didn't beat him worse.... I would have expected 4-5 cars.

pohnjarker

Established Member
:lol:

I dont think he was stock at all but next time i see him around town, i'll stop and ask him. i live in a small country town so im surprised to see one CTSV, much less another one...lol.

although there is a viper that i see everyday at a local autobody shop, the same place i've seen the CTSV before. maybe i can get a run in with him too sometime!

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
If you are making 620 rear then no BS being called here. My car with a simple pulley swap, modded air box, and injectors made 565/580 on pump. There are a lot of modded Vs in Texas so I wouldn't be surprised!

We do have E85 here now and that would add about 30-35 according to my tuner and I have a ZR1 cam kit sitting in the garage needing installed and that is good for 40-45 on these motors. Must install.... Lol.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Nice kill OP! The 5.Br0s are making some serious power! I'm impressed!

I see a CTSV(dont know the year or mods) around town sometimes but usually never when i am in the stang. next time i see him around town, i'll stop and ask about his ride.

Friday i took the Mustang to work since it was a nice day out. i always look for cool cars on the road but when i'm in the mustang, i look for fast cars since i dont drive it all that often.

on the way home, i made it to Crandall when i passed a CTSV on the highway, as i was passing him, i gave him a little rev to say hello and let him know to lets go if he wanted.

a few miles down the road, we got some open space so i dropped down into third and waited for him to come next to me. i dont know the MPH because my speedo is off ~10mph or so since the gear swap. we line up and he gave me the hit since wouldnt go. i slowly pressed the pedal down until i saw him jump, then i floored it. no spin :rockon:

the road got a tad bumpy so i let off for a split second and then back on it, ran out half of fifth and was at around 130(on my speedo) when i let off. he was about a car behind.

we lined up again and i think he learned his lesson because he did not give me the hit again...lol. we both took the hit and because i didnt slowly press the pedal this time, i dropped the hammer and jumped out a car or so. pulled another half car when i changed into 4th gear and ran that out. by the time i let off, i was a good 2-3 cars ahead.

all in all, it was awesome. we had a couple nice runs and he gave me one of these before i continued on. :rockon:

ETA: before anyone calls bullshit, i do have a paxton and put ~620 to the wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread