2011 GT track passes

86merc

Established Member
Buddy did some videos of my passes this weekend. Track prep sucked so didn't go as well as I wanted to. But with all the complaints of people not being able to shift the MT82 trans I must say I LOVE that trans. Easier to shift then the T-5 & Tremec TKO I had in other cars. The video has a in-car view at the end. Yes, the next weight mod for the car is the driver losing 30#. hahaha

Anyways, only power mod is the ProCal tune. Car sits on Steeda Sport springs, Koni Sport shock & struts, IC brackets, Steeda poly lower control arms and the drag wheel/tire combo. I need a 28" tall front tire as the 26" messes up the suspension geometry.

Anyways, Best pass was a poor 1.83 60' and 12.1 @ 114. DA was 1535'

Pratt's 2011 Mustang GT - YouTube

Last edited:

neatofrito1618

Established Member
Nice. I agree that the MT82 is the easiest stock Ford transmission I've ever shifted through at WOT. You might want to however practice feathering the clutch instead of slamming it if you're not going to do high RPM launches.

In addition to killing your times, bogging is absoluely awful on your drivetrain.

86merc

Established Member
Nice. I agree that the MT82 is the easiest stock Ford transmission I've ever shifted through at WOT. You might want to however practice feathering the clutch instead of slamming it if you're not going to do high RPM launches.

In addition to killing your times, bogging is absoluely awful on your drivetrain.

My two earlier passes (not on video) had a better launch (1.80 vs. 1.84 & 1.87 when bogged) and had a better ET. Even though it spun some. The best pass of the day was the first pass actually. But I agree with you 100%. The track was junk and I lowered my rpm to compensate for it. But I ended up being much too aggressive with the clutch release. I only have about 9 passes on the car so far. The last outing I had it launching much smoother. Not so much this time out. :nonono: I need a 2step to help get the RPM steady. I spent too much time thinking about getting a steady rpm than clutch control. Practice will help for sure. I just need to concentrate on the clutch more.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread