2011 GT TPMS Sensor Question...Reseting

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
Had supersnakes on last year with sensors that workes without problem...switched to winter steelies and tires but didnt bother with installing sennsors opting to just hit the reset button each time the message came up...now ive reinstalled my supersnakes with the sensors that were on the car without problems and the sensor light and message still appears...i know i donot have a sensor or pressure issue as i have the tires all at 32 psi ....how do i reset this? I was thinking disconnect the battery and retry but just thought id ask on here first...Thx for any help.

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
Sounds like you need to reprogram. You can either run by your local Discount Tire and they'll do it at no charge for you or you can pick up a programmer from American Muscle to do this on your own.

Jason

JerryC

Established Member
BTW, it's very easy to do with programmer. The one I got from AM also had a DVD showing how to do it, it is really easy.

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
program

so i take it once the car has been driven without sensors for a while it doesnt relearn or "sense" them when they are back on the car? guess the tool is in the works...but im gonna disconnect my battery tommorrow and give that a go, maybe it will reset everything and the car will actually realize the sensors are their and working....thx for the replies.

Wharf Rat

Established Member
Mine doesn't relearn them even with the battery unhook trick. I have the programmer and have to use it every time I switch. Takes about 2 minutes tops.

nocobrafornow

Established Member
it seem to be different for each car, i installed 2010 shelby 18's with new sensor and i got the tool to reset well i forgot the tool when i went to the tire store and was going to reset when i got home but warning light never came on i now have about 700 mile without reset and no warning. so i think i wasted money on the tool, but then i would have been the guy who needed it. but a few years ago i had a new 07 gt that i used 16'' gt wheel off of a 96 gt for my et streets no sensors, with factory wheels on front still no warning light. that i didn't understand.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
We switch back and forth between the stock 17" wheels (winter) with the TPMS and the polished 18" Bullitt wheels (summer) without sensors on my wife's '11 V6 Mustang.

We just reset the light when running the summer wheels and we didn't have a problem with the TPMS light when we installed the winter wheels. :shrug:

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
The car does not self learn; clearing the battery won't help. It seems when Ford went with the schrader sensor over the bands that it changed something in the way the low pressure sensor warning comes up and it won't immediately notify you like the 05-09 models that use the bands. The only way to do a relearn is to use the programmer or have a tire shop reprogram the sensors. If you don't do this you will eventually get a sensor malfunction warning.

While I'm at it, the old band type sensors will not work either, you have to use the schrader sensors.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread