2011 Gt in NMRA factory stock!!

Bobco

Established Member
Well they let the 2011 GT in the factory stock class. I posted on here a while ago for some support with NMRA and it worked. The rules are 3450lbs with driver. I need to bust out the scales and go on a diet. 1 5/8" primary long tubes 3" collector, 2 3/4" exhaust to the tank and 3" back. Might have to get some custom stuff built.

Thanks,
Bobco

wbt

Banned
Well they let the 2011 GT in the factory stock class. I posted on here a while ago for some support with NMRA and it worked. The rules are 3450lbs with driver. I need to bust out the scales and go on a diet. 1 5/8" primary long tubes 3" collector, 2 3/4" exhaust to the tank and 3" back. Might have to get some custom stuff built.

Thanks,
Bobco

WTF on the header size and 2.75" exhaust piece....

I think they need to revise that to 1 3/4" headers and 3" full exhaust. That is the right thing to do.

nocobrafornow

Established Member
i agree with you guys it needs at least 1 3/4'' but seeings how the coyote has so much power compared to previous models i think they are trying to limit power. think about it in stock form(i know most have race built motors) the pushrod 302 has 225hp, the non pi.2v had 215, pi has 260. the highest 4v think was 320 in 99-01 cobra's. i personally think it's ok considering they only have a 3450 min. race weight. even in stock form at only 3450 it will be very competitive. to the op do you know any of the motor rules. i also wonder if this mean a factory stock comeback for Bob Cosby.

Bobco

Established Member
I agree with trying to limit the power. Plus everyone has to run the same exhaust dimensions. I hope to find a good header company that will build a 1 5/8's set of headers. The other reason I thought of was maybe NMRA is trying to discourage the coyote motor guys since they have the playing feild very level now.

I didn't want to run Modular class due to the fact that it's a Bracket class instead of heads up. I also like the idea of stock motor, stock heads, drag radials,interior. Since I drive this car to work everyday in the summer. It should be challenging. I like the idea of driving the car to the races wherever they are and drive it home.

Maybe the coyote will have an advantage. Maybe it won't. I am going to do it. I will have fun either way.

Bobco

Bobco

Established Member
As far as pulling a head off I will worry about that when it happens. I doubt it will break the 10.88 record. Realistically mid 11's. I would think if they did it would just be harassment cause they didn't want to 2011 in the class in the first place. Guess I'll find out.

Bobco

wbt

Banned
i agree with you guys it needs at least 1 3/4'' but seeings how the coyote has so much power compared to previous models i think they are trying to limit power. think about it in stock form(i know most have race built motors) the pushrod 302 has 225hp, the non pi.2v had 215, pi has 260. the highest 4v think was 320 in 99-01 cobra's. i personally think it's ok considering they only have a 3450 min. race weight. even in stock form at only 3450 it will be very competitive. to the op do you know any of the motor rules. i also wonder if this mean a factory stock comeback for Bob Cosby.

I would rather see a weight penalty vs. exhaust change. Weight can be moved around....exhaust is what it is....bullshit. Makes no sense. Neck up, down, up, down.....

Flat retarded....

Users who are viewing this thread