2011 GT drop springs, coilovers, etc.

Driver72

Established Member
I'll be looking to lower the car by about 3/4"-1"
I don't want a ground scraper, tire rubbing, go over speed bumps at a 45 degree angle at 1 mph type drop, but still want something that drops the car a bit.

Anybody drop their 2011 a bit yet, or put coilovers on?
I'd love to see pics of which you decided to go with and your thoughts on the ride afterward. Thanks.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I like the griggs set up that puts it the car on koni adjustable coil overs so you can choose your height. If you want a cheap drop just get some springs for cheap. If you want improved performance check out groggs ss kit.

Driver72

Established Member
Thanks Michael, I googled and found "griggs racing" but did not see the Griggs SS kit you were referring to for the 2011 Mustang GT.
Am I missing it or on the wrong website?

steeltoe

Established Member
Thanks Michael, I googled and found "griggs racing" but did not see the Griggs SS kit you were referring to for the 2011 Mustang GT.
Am I missing it or on the wrong website?

I pm'ed Van about this and this was what he sent back.
Van@RevanRacing said:
steeltoe said:
Have they given you any info as to when they are going to have some products out for the new 5.0

It's still an S-197 Chassis so for the most part everything should still work. There might be some minor changes but nothing that would keep me from putting one on a 5.0

Driver72

Established Member
$3,600 WTF that seems way high.
Isn't there a nice Bilstein or Koni set for a more reasonable price.
If not looks like I'll go with lowering springs.

AmnDucky

Established Member
I pm'ed Van about this and this was what he sent back.

I was also under the impression the only thing changed in the suspension was spring rates, which has nothing to do with mounting or fitment. His email confirms that.

Its that much because you get more than just the coils. If all you want is looks, just get some springs. Coils are for handling, and there is no sense in going at it half-assed. Even a decent set of coils will be expensive though, a good set of KW coils is $2200. Add another couple hundred for CC plates. And then you will probably need an adjustable panhard bar to recenter your axle. BAMB! you're right back up in the $3k range. At least you know the Griggs stuff is proven, and works together.

steeltoe

Established Member
I was also under the impression the only thing changed in the suspension was spring rates, which has nothing to do with mounting or fitment. His email confirms that.
Yes IIRC JPC said they had to modify some suspension part to fit the new body.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

Like I said before if you just want looks get a cheap set springs and drop it. If you want performance get the griggs. Yes it is twice the price of the ford suspension upgrade but you will get far more than twice the performance and far more adjustability. The ss kit comes with the same exact rear suspension components that is on the griggs 07 mustang gt that turned 1.55 peak g up a hill climb. This is the same as the zr1 pulled peak at laguna secain a mag test.

Users who are viewing this thread