2011 GT 5.0 vs. 2011 M3 with suspension package

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
...sounds like a good plan on waiting for a 2012....give em a chance to get the bugs worked out:beer:

Kevin... There aren't any bugs in this car, dude !! TRUST me... It's the most sophisticated "Feeling" Stang yet... And there aren't many I haven't driven.

Car goes up against an M3 and excels... Nope... No bugs.:D

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I must say I'm completely blown away by the increased handling between my old '03 Cobra and the 2011 GT500. Yes it's a bit stiff over a bumpy road, but even with the SRA it feels as though you could take a turn as fast as you want. Very balanced with quick turn in and SC that helps the non-pro keep it on the track while carring serious speed through the corners.

Ford totally kicked ass with the suspensions on the new cars and the SC/TC is a very high quality package.

Amazing!

I never thought I'd consider another GT after the '03 Cobra, but like someone else said if I didn't already have the GT500 I'd be all over a new 5.0.

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Kevin... There aren't any bugs in this car, dude !! TRUST me... It's the most sophisticated "Feeling" Stang yet... And there aren't many I haven't driven.

Car goes up against an M3 and excels... Nope... No bugs.:D

I am really impressed with these cars!!
But I am wondering about the validity of the no bugs claim.

What about the clutch sticking to the floor on high rev shifts???
Has that been fixed?
I heard guys were putting GT500 clutch pedals in and that this would fix it.
I wonder if this is still an issue on the later GTs, maybe just an early car glitch?

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I am really impressed with these cars!!
But I am wondering about the validity of the no bugs claim.

What about the clutch sticking to the floor on high rev shifts???
Has that been fixed?
I heard guys were putting GT500 clutch pedals in and that this would fix it.
I wonder if this is still an issue on the later GTs, maybe just an early car glitch?

I am pretty sure the assembly on the 2011 gt's is different than previous models. Lethal had some pics of each assembly and some info on it a while back.

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
I have one of the earliest produced GTs. So far i'm yet to have my clutch pedal stick (cross fingers) Ive been down the drag strip shifting at 7300. I've also had the car at Miller Motorsports park shifting in the 7000-7200 range. No issues yet. Absolutely an amazing car. Well done ford.

GTRdone

Established Member
As far as I'm concerned, M3s are a bust.

The funniest thing about all of this: Why aren't they comparing the 2011 GT500 w/ PP to the ZCP M3?

Oh that's right... Ford already beat them with a mass-market 5.0 GT.

The arguments about the interior of the Fords not being up to spec is the same thing I heard about my Z06... but everyone will change their minds when all they see are tailpipes.

Go Ford!

Users who are viewing this thread