2011 Ford Mustang GT Optional Brembo Package Selling Like Hotcakes

Kewlv8

Established Member
Does anyone know the maintenance difference between the two? Is the Brembo upgrade going to be tremendously more expensive later to repalce rotors/pads?

Only Marginally so based on the Brembo's vs. Std on my SRT8. If you are into performance, get the Brembo package, you won't be sorry. Alternatively, take standard brakes up to 150+, peel off the speed, and post up asking why all 4 wheels are wobbling............;-)

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Man.....I've held off buying a car till these 2011 came out. The brembo brake package looks like a great deal. I think I'm going to hit my local Ford dealer this week.

midlife

Established Member
IMHO, unless u r going to changeout the factory rims - only reason NOT to get the brembos is if you want an automatic like me.

Cannot fathom why u cannot get the brembos with the automatic - this pisses me off !

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
IMHO, unless u r going to changeout the factory rims - only reason NOT to get the brembos is if you want an automatic like me.

Cannot fathom why u cannot get the brembos with the automatic - this pisses me off !

Brembo is basically a track pack and since Ford has yet to put a man shifting auto into their mustangs this makes perfect sence to me. If your not going to hit the road course you dont need the brembo option, and if you are you need the ability to pick and choose your gears at a seconds notice. Something that the auto can not do.

Why do you want an auto? Drag racing?

midlife

Established Member
Brembo is basically a track pack and since Ford has yet to put a man shifting auto into their mustangs this makes perfect sence to me. If your not going to hit the road course you dont need the brembo option, and if you are you need the ability to pick and choose your gears at a seconds notice. Something that the auto can not do.

Why do you want an auto? Drag racing?

re brembos:
besides the better stopping power, less fade, and better rims and tires, I like the suspension tweaks (per driver72).

If I get the gt, it will be a semi daily driver:
Manual pros: more engaging driver experience, BREMBO package and the ability to road course and more fun and control in the twisties. I used to road course my 1995 alpina (BMW) alot and I loved it.

Automatic pros: drag racing consistancy and most important: maybe i am getting old, but not liking the idea driving in rush hour traffic with a stick !!!

Last edited:

tstrick9

Established Member
I skipped the Brembos and haven't had any issues with stopping or avoiding accidents. Plus my stock rims are shiny. And you can't tell me it wont cost more to replace those pads when the time comes.

Driver72

Established Member
I skipped the Brembos and haven't had any issues with stopping or avoiding accidents. Plus my stock rims are shiny. And you can't tell me it wont cost more to replace those pads when the time comes.

Brembo pads are priced very similar to any other high performance pads, which isn't a huge amount anyway (a couple hundred bucks for all four brakes).

You can always go cheap and spend maybe half that amount and increase your safety risk. Same goes with tires, you can go with top rated ones that handle and grip better or go for the no name knock offs made in China or some other third world country and put yourself and your passengers lives in greater risk.

For me though, a few hundred extra bucks spent every couple years to have top quality brakes and tires is worth every penny to me for not only the increase performance they both provide but the increased safety and piece of mind they bring as well. And if money were tight, I'd rather just skip a trip to Starbucks once a week instead. But too each their own priorities.

Users who are viewing this thread