2011 F150 Ecoboost vs 93 turbo cobra

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Had a friendly run in with my buddy in his 93 cobra today. I have a 2011 FX2 crew cab ecoboost with a Livernois 93 tune, Airaid CAI, 170 tstat and swapped plugs. He has a single turbo hellion 93 cobra he made 420/470 I believe on the spring. We race everything we have, I ran his wifes Explorer sport ecoboost in the truck when we both were stock and I edged him out.

So since the tuner the truck has definitely felt much faster just wasn't really sure how much.

We go from a 25 roll and 3 honk, I keep it close for the first gear and then he starts to pull on me. We shut down about 85-90 and he was a little over a full car but definitely pulling much harder than when we first started off. My torque is so instant and well the brick dies off at the higher speeds.

Next race was around 40-45 with me getting the hit, we were rather close with him coming around me a good bit at 85 or so.

I'm planning on hitting the track with the truck as it's a nasty ****er from a dig. It feels like a bolt on lightning speed roughly. His car should be a low 12 sec car mid to upper teens with me being a mid to low 13 a little over 100 or so... races make sense and the truck is definitely a blast to drive. :beer:

B746

Resident Logician
Established Member
Good death. I really like the ecoboosts. Can't wait to see your 1/4 times.

19935.slow

Established Member
My buddy has one with a tune filter and down pipes. On the street it spins and hops for ever. But on the same tires on the track it does well :beer:

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Spray will be needed to come around this sled nat.

It hooks pretty damn good from a dig on the stock tires.

Cobra
yhepygep.jpg

Truck
a2yzuben.jpg

Wife
mume3u9u.jpg

aqugy2un.jpg

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
representing the Livernois tunes! which version do you have? the v10 is supposedly the best yet.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
I'm running the v10 93 tune. Only complaint is it has happened a few times, truck goes into like spaced out mode and will go from 1st to 5th taking off normal from a stop light. I've had to just turn it off and them back on. Hasn't happened recently but only bug I've noticed

Syndrome2010

Established Member
Good runs, Livernois tune is my next mod after I change out the spark plugs and set the correct gaps for them. I keep seeing vendors offing 170 t stats as a package. Does swapping it out really help on the street? I figured at the track it will help with back to back runs but daily driving is there a point?

vic_s197

Established Member
I run the livernois 91 v10 tune waiting on them to release the xv1 tune next month I heard it's Gunna be badass,

I have an sct 3000 with socal tune on it I'm selling cheap if any of you eco boost owners are interested

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Personally the t stat was a huge pain in the ass and not worth it, men basically came for free so that's why I did it. Would not do again though.

Cobra from a dig would be lucky to come past me by the 8th mile.

mechanicboy

Established Member
Good death. Should go from a dig.

I'm not sure how much the 170 will do. I know my 5.0 is faster when hot. If I let my truck cool I run slower, I think it's the blower getting hot too.

Users who are viewing this thread