2011 5.0 track pack vs 2012 Lexus IS F

Rios302

Established Member
I was driving to the store minding my own business when I see a Carrera S passing by on my left side revving pretty high but then exit the street. Then this guy wearing some fancy clothes and prada sun glasses in a 2012 IS F starts revving his engine. It seemed as his ass had been handed to the Carrera S just seconds ago and wanted to mess with me now. The light turns green and there are cars in front of us. So I look at him and he immediately asks me if I wanted to exit on the next street (In Mexico) and run them. So once in Mexico the guys tells me to go from a roll as soon as we turn. We both went at it at almost the same time. I was in second gear at around 4k rpms. I took him by about a car but it was pretty close. I let go at the peak of 3rd gear.

It turns out he wanted to go from a dig again. Apperantly his car pulled better from a dig he claims. We went 2 times and he roasted his tires in both. Needless to say the guy gaved me the thumbs and I went on my way. My car is stock other than GT500 axle backs, the IS F was probably stock too.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I think those ISF's have a 5.0 ltr engine as well making about the same numbers. Your gearing and weight might have given you the edge.

helli217

Established Member
They actually are pretty quick especially on a roll with some bolt ons. Not earth shattering, but there's a few I/H/E IS-F's in the high 11's on DR's.

I considered one, but lack of tuning ability limiting mods to bolt ons and some nitrous drove me away.

kaz109

Established Member
Love both cars. Good kill op. IS-F is a fun and very comfortable car. I considered one when I bought my C63 but couldn't find a low mileage one. Love the power band and the 5.0 powerband is very very fun for a daliy

Rios302

Established Member
Yeah I think the gearing more than anything. The IS F still a fast car no doubt and only like 200 lbs heavier as I was just reading. The quarter mile is pretty close to a completly stock mustang GT with 3.31 gears.

PRICE AS TESTED: $67,097 (base price: $61,535)
ENGINE TYPE: DOHC 32-valve V-8, aluminum block and heads, port and direct fuel injection
Displacement: 303 cu in, 4969 cc
Power: 416 hp @ 6600 rpm
Torque: 371 lb-ft @ 5200 rpm

TRANSMISSION: 8-speed automatic with manual shifting mode
Curb weight: 3839 lb

C/D TEST RESULTS:
Zero to 60 mph: 4.7 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 11.0 sec
Zero to 150 mph: 28.2 sec
Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 5.1 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 13.1 sec @ 110 mph
Top speed (governor limited): 169 mph