WANTED: 2011-2014 GT500

Suck_it_MysticZ

Established Member
Looking to purchase a 13/14 GT500 but open to 11/12 cars, too. Thought I was going to be able to purchase a car on here but the thread was deleted and when I asked for more pictures communication stopped.

Lower the miles the better, open to various colors and stripe combination, and prefer GPS radio but not a deal breaker if not optioned as such.

Light mods are fine but the closer to stock the better. I am located in central Florida and would prefer to buy local but not against having a car shipped. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Suck_it_MysticZ

Established Member
Got it!

A few folks out there must have a car that fits what I'm looking for. Hope everyone has a great day!

Suck_it_MysticZ

Established Member
I just posted my car for sale yesterday. 2014 Shelby, Black, 13.5k miles. I'm located in GA

Nice car.and to me it's worth the price. At this time going to hold out for one closer to stock. I appreciate the message. Good luck with your sale. It's a beautiful car.

Suck_it_MysticZ

Established Member
Bumping this thread!

I have read a lot but still some fresh answers would be good to hear.

The 13/14 is appealing because of the extra HP but I hear how the 11/12 is a better DD and easier to drive with the rear gearing. Not sure how that really holds up as I believe the transmission gearing has changed, also. That being said, for me, the car will be more of a DD style so an easier launch would be nice.

Is the 11/12 really an easier car to drive daily? I don't need the extra power between the years but it's always welcomed. :) If I didn't already have two cars that are faster I'd only be interested in the 13/14 cars.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Bumping this thread!

I have read a lot but still some fresh answers would be good to hear.

The 13/14 is appealing because of the extra HP but I hear how the 11/12 is a better DD and easier to drive with the rear gearing. Not sure how that really holds up as I believe the transmission gearing has changed, also. That being said, for me, the car will be more of a DD style so an easier launch would be nice.

Is the 11/12 really an easier car to drive daily? I don't need the extra power between the years but it's always welcomed. :) If I didn't already have two cars that are faster I'd only be interested in the 13/14 cars.

Everything on the internet that you come across is not true.
With that being said, take it for what it's worth.....
The 13/14 is a LEGEND
I wasted time and money on an 11 and 12

If you are not going to mod and want to save money, than the 11/12 is fine. They have two rear gear options, 3:55 and 3:73

If you are going to mod even the slightest than just get the 13/14
There is one rear gear choice 3:31*. I installed 3:73s in my 2013

Trans don't matter because your not racing. And any normal joe hoping from an 11 into a 13 would never know the gearing is different between the two

Your buying more than just "power" with a 13/14. Better components from factory. Driveshaft, Heat Exchanger, just to name a few

If you have to get out from a payment, resell ability goes to the 13/14.

Last edited:

Suck_it_MysticZ

Established Member
I appreciate the honest feedback. Most mods I would do would probably be a smaller pulley, intake, and exhaust with a tune. Which in the big scheme isn't a huge pill to swallow but even then an 11/12 would MAYBE be the same power level as the 13/14. The 13/14 does get some extra goodies that I'm sure nobody ever said "Sure wish I didn't have those!" So not really sure if I would or wouldn't be happy with an 11/12. I like to mod but want a stock one to start with and it will stay relatively stock the first few years.

How's the regular driving, like in town? Is the clutch vastly different between the 11/12 and 13/14?

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I appreciate the honest feedback. Most mods I would do would probably be a smaller pulley, intake, and exhaust with a tune. Which in the big scheme isn't a huge pill to swallow but even then an 11/12 would MAYBE be the same power level as the 13/14. The 13/14 does get some extra goodies that I'm sure nobody ever said "Sure wish I didn't have those!" So not really sure if I would or wouldn't be happy with an 11/12. I like to mod but want a stock one to start with and it will stay relatively stock the first few years.

How's the regular driving, like in town? Is the clutch vastly different between the 11/12 and 13/14?

Clutch is no different, all are twin disk hydraulic clutches from factory.

That OEM blower on the 10-12 is a choke point in making power.
Slim pickings on affordable budget minded 2.3 blowers after the Gen2R was discontinued.

Along with more power, you will need to address fuel delivery on the 11/12

I think an 11/12 for around $35k would do what you want plus invest over a period of time, $5-10k on mods to get to 725rwhp

Suck_it_MysticZ

Established Member
600 rwhp is enough so not sure how much I'd need to really change over and above the simple mods. My last blower car was a TVS 2300 and with about 12 lbs of boost was pretty good for the street.

If I was looking for more I'd definitely go with a larger blower like what's on the 5.8. Thanks again for the ideas on what to look for and what's needed.:)

mbsvt

My Hot Rod's
Established Member
Going to post my 2010 Kona blue silver stipes Shelby with 2013/14 front upper and lower grill on it. (Looks killer)

Very low mileage bought the car with less than 3000 miles on it over 10 years ago and now has just over 7000 miles.
Always garaged. car is a 10 inside and out.

Makes about 660-wheel hp. with a 2.3 Ford racing blower and supporting mods. Still emissions legal.
lowered with 20-inch Vossen wheels.
Michelin pilot ss Tires.

I will PM you the details if you want.
Thanks MB

Last edited:

nrmustang

Established Member
Going to post my 2010 Kona blue silver stipes Shelby with 2013/14 front upper and lower grill on it. (Looks killer)

Very low mileage bought the car with less than 3000 miles on it over 10 years ago and now has just over 7000 now.
Always garaged. car is a 10 inside and out.

Makes about 660-wheel hp. with a 2.3 Ford racing blower and supporting mods. Still emissions legal.
lowered with 20-inch Vossen wheels.
Michelin pilot ss Tires.

I will PM you the details if you want.
Thanks MB
That ‘10 with the 2.3 TVS, 3.55’s and different 6060 gears is a blast. Had an ‘09 with 645rwhp and it felt much more edgier than my stock ‘14’s.

Op, that’s got the iron block too. Less anxiety when thinking of potential rebuilds down the road since all the aluminum blocks are considered “non-serviceable”. May/may not be a concern.

mbsvt

My Hot Rod's
Established Member
Sure. Send a PM.
PM sent this morning with details. When the roads dry up, I will pull it out for some pictures.
Been raining here in south Florida and she don't come out on wet roads LOL
2010 shelby.JPG1.JPG

Mystichrome2000

2011 Shelby GT500 SVT Performance Package with 34k Miles. Located in Gibson City, Illinois. I’m really good shape. Runs and drives great. Only mods are exhaust and cai. Navigation and Shaker Audio system. $39,500 OBO

Attachments

• 28A0C123-2B52-43D6-8EBE-2440A1A926E5.jpeg
    28A0C123-2B52-43D6-8EBE-2440A1A926E5.jpeg
    657.3 KB · Views: 96

Users who are viewing this thread