2011-2014 e85 fuel pump ?

nosscort

Established Member
I have read or I think I remember reading on this forum about possibly running a direct drop in AEM 320 E85 compatible pump on the 2011-2014 mustangs.. I am running E85 now and have been for about a year or more and was wanting to possibly do this pump to alleviate any possible pump failures. Any info for those who have or even if you can or whatnot would be really helpful..

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Stock pump is a delphi T-23, it flows 290LPH and is the same diameter of that AEM 320, 39mm...not certain it would be a direct swap though. I am kinda looking into this as well, to support a power adder and keep running E85. Hopefully someone in the know can chime in.

nosscort

Established Member
I guess not a lot of feedback or anyone using or doing this fuel pump swap..

corepwn

Established Member
The pump is only part of the problem, the biggest issue is that the factory fuel hat and orifice fitting are a restriction. This means that a bigger pump doesn't do any good past a certain point. (That point is found by using just a BAP on a stocker)

nosscort

Established Member
Reason for the switch would be to eliminate the use of a bap.. and not fall victim to the failed stock pump and e85.. like I mentioned I've think I remember someone one her mentioned they used with success a aem 320 instead of using a bap, that's the question I am After as I already know the known risk of a bap and e85 on the stock pump.. already running that!

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
The walboro 465 is E85 compatible and will apparently fit, thought it may take some massaging and modifications to the basket. I found a thread either here or on the corral a few days ago, will try to dig that up. You may still need to run a BAP, but just to keep stable voltage to 465, not in kill|competitive mode... I believe it is going to require more than 12v for advertised flow, believe 13.5v = 430lph w/E85 and 465lph w/gasoline.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread