2011-2013 Mustang GT Cooling Head Mod by MMR, eliminate the #8 cylinder failure today

cajuncreeper

Established Member
As stated above this can be done in the car with the intake removed. I used a chisel and a small pair of channel locks and had it done easily. Thanks again MMR for a quality product.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thank you, how long did it take you to do it, we are curious so that we can tell our customers a "real world" time frame.

cajuncreeper

Established Member
Total time was about 3.5 Hrs. This was my first time digging into this car and I made sure I had pictures of everything. For a experienced mechanic or tech I think it can be done in 1.5 hours or less. This mod was done along with the charger install so I had the entire top of the engine removed to replace various fuel parts which added time.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Might not be a bad idea to throw this kit in when I swap to the Boss, since the intake has to come off....You'd think ford would have addressed head/cylinder cooling issues after the mess with the driver's side head on the 03-04 Cobras :nonono:

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
As stated above this can be done in the car with the intake removed. I used a chisel and a small pair of channel locks and had it done easily. Thanks again MMR for a quality product.
I take it the cooling system has to be drained since the freeze plugs come out?

mhyjek

Established Member
Do you have before and after data logs of temps?

I would like to see some data before shelling out money.

Are there datalogs that support this? Would be nice to see I'm planning on doing a boss intake...

hitmix300

Established Member
can you link us to the installation pdf and data logs or statistics? you mentioned this over 6 months ago and never provided.

migg400

Established Member
I got mine with the Labor day sale!! :beer:
IMAG1677_zps28fdf0d8.jpg

Last edited:

migg400

Established Member
Install complete! Took roughly 30-40min being that my engine is not in the car yet. I took a hammer and a 12" flat head and the freeze plugs were out after the third "tap"...Pretty simple. I added a bit of RTV High temp just for added insurance due to light scratches from pulling the plugs out...
IMAG1687_zps3c98bece.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread