2011-2013 Mustang GT Cooling Head Mod by MMR, eliminate the #8 cylinder failure today

Fudge

Established Member
Now does this really a make a difference on a stock engine?
Or is this more for forced induction setups where you get tons of heat?

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Now does this really a make a difference on a stock engine?
Or is this more for forced induction setups where you get tons of heat?

+1

Looks like a fun and beneficial project I can do on one of my days off. But like a couple members have stated, is there any data logs showing the cooler temps by this mod and possibly a write-up of the installation? Maybe one of the members who have already done this can shed some light.

My boss is lightly modded and probably doesn't need this at the moment. But I support MMR and their quality products

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
This mod is certainly beneficial even on stock engines, the parts benefit is not so much the temperature but the ability for the ecu to make calculations based on the coolant coming from both heads instead of one (because we have joined the banks right at the point where the ECU takes its readings). So no only do you have better coolant flow around the #8 cylinder but you also have the ECU basing its calculations on the actual coolant temps coming from the cylinder in question. (and to be clear the ECU uses a head temperature sensor- not a coolant temp sensor but they work in a similar manner.

MMR

Jake1234588

Established Member
MMR,

I have a question So I am reading this right, it can be installed while the engine is in the car? Do you have any pictures or links so I can see this? Iam swapping my transmission soon and would like to do this as well I just want to know how to do the install with the motor still in the car. Thanks

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Correct, it is more difficult but can be done. If you are changing the transmission it is a breeze if done at that time.

MMR

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The hose is a pushlock design, designed for 350 degrees and 120psi , to put things in perspective the cooling system makes 16-20 psi max and runs in the 220-230 degree range. The hose used is the same type used for fuel injection systems and is a clamp less system.

Fudge

Established Member
Ok well I'm putting in a Boss intake so... Who here has some directions how to do this while the engine is still in the car?
I figured I'll do it and get it out of the way while the intake is going on!!

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
What type of Data are you looking for and perhaps we can post our findings. For the most part it is a very simple item that balances flow between cylinder heads and also allows the ECU to take a more accurate sample of head temperature - this in turn makes sure that the calculations are based on the higher temps that we tend to see coming from the driver cylinder head which does not have a temp sensor in it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread