2010 vs '08 GT500 muffler flow rate?

dark snake

Established Member
Do the GT500 stock mufflers have a better flow rate then '07-'09? Louder?

They do have the larger 4" tip, didn't know if internal piping/baffling was larger as well?

Also, would anyone know the Ford part number for the 2010 mufflers, should be on bottom of muffler and start with F-1-?

Kevin P

Established Member
My admittedly tech-less opinion is that the 2010 cars are definitely louder, but as for the flow rate, who knows. I would guess they are about the same. There isn't that much power to be had in cat-back exhausts on these cars.

andymarkv

Established Member
My admittedly tech-less opinion is that the 2010 cars are definitely louder, but as for the flow rate, who knows. I would guess they are about the same. There isn't that much power to be had in cat-back exhausts on these cars.

X2!

We just put a set of '10 mufflers on my buddy's 07 GT500 with MRT O/R pipe because we thought they would be between his KR's and original stock mufflers.... WE WERE WRONG! The '10 mufflers with cat delete pipe are LOUD! Maybe a touch quieter than the KR's...but not much.

I agree with Kevin, if the aftermarket can't find much power, I doubt there is much flow difference between stock mufflers.

dark snake

Established Member
Thx guys for your input, helps.

My Corsa Sports (straight thru muffller) with MRT Hi-flow h-pipe are Nascar loud...holy s@#t!! My stock '08 mufflers are a little to quiet, the '10's may be perfect or Magnaflow American Thunder "moderate" baffled muffler?

You're correct on your HP gain statement! I talked to Ford racing awhile ago and they could not document any significant hp gains in their performance mufflers over stock or other aftermarket mufflers. They are sold mostly for sound, style, & quality:}

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Thx guys for your input, helps.

My Corsa Sports (straight thru muffller) with MRT Hi-flow h-pipe are Nascar loud...holy s@#t!! My stock '08 mufflers are a little to quiet, the '10's may be perfect or Magnaflow American Thunder "moderate" baffled muffler?

You're correct on your HP gain statement! I talked to Ford racing awhile ago and they could not document any significant hp gains in their performance mufflers over stock or other aftermarket mufflers. They are sold mostly for sound, style, & quality:}

How do you like the MRT pipe?

dark snake

Established Member
X2!

We just put a set of '10 mufflers on my buddy's 07 GT500 with MRT O/R pipe because we thought they would be between his KR's and original stock mufflers.... WE WERE WRONG! The '10 mufflers with cat delete pipe are LOUD! Maybe a touch quieter than the KR's...but not much.

I agree with Kevin, if the aftermarket can't find much power, I doubt there is much flow difference between stock mufflers.

Did the '10's fit the '07 ok? Someone told me the '10's tips are longer and will hang out the back another 1+'' on the '-07-'09? My comment was that maybe the overall length of muffler & connector pipe is the same, even though tip is longer. Corsa & Magnaflow sell the same style, model number muffler for '07-'10?

Users who are viewing this thread