2010 to coyote swap ???

gtformula

Established Member
I might be able to get my hands on a doner 2012 gt. I was wondering what it would take to buy a 2010 v6, gt or later v6 and swap everything over to make a normal car with everything functioning. Not to fool people but as a cheaper way to make another coyote car to eventually have fun and race with. I would want all electronics and ac to function as normal. Im sure it can be done, but wonder about all the under dash electronics and body control modules and stuff like that. Any info "other than go buy a normal car" would be apprciated.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I've done this before on other vehicles. Really the only way is put them side by side, strip them both to a shell and move EVERYTHING over. Wiring harnesses, fuel tank, fuel and evap lines, etc etc. it is a lot of work but can be done.

coyotefiveoh

Established Member
for me personally.... unless i got both for 15K or less... its not worth it to me.... at 20k, another 5k, gets you a factory car that has not been messed with

coyotefiveoh

Established Member
well thats a pretty good deal & if you wanna do it, do it! Sure aint gonna find an original 5.0 for that price.... (that i have ever seen)
Again, its like buying a fox that used to be a 4 cyl... its not original 5.0 material ;)

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
It's more trouble than it's worth. If you do end up doing it, be sure to have lots of spare cash and time laying around. And Tylenol lol

CSG

Established Member
I do those type of projects all the time and always regret not just spending a bit more cash and buying what I wanted in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread