2010 Shelby GT500 with HID

War Eagle

Established Member
Just lowered the Buy-It-Now price to $41,995. Someone is going to get a really nice car at a good price.

Steve

War Eagle

Established Member
Thanks Guys,

I don't know, things are pretty tough out there right now. I may end up having to trade it in at the end of the year when the order banks open up on the Boss 302. Maybe I can get $39,000 or $40,000 in trade for it.

I am also trying to find someone with a nice Cessna 172 Skyhawk that will let me trade the car plus cash. I will also consider some trades in on the car maybe a Delorean or something else. We have an Avanti and a 69 Chevelle SS in addition to the Shelby.

http://img189.imageshack.us/f/c11oj.jpg/

Steve

Last edited:

Gatti-man

Established Member
Have you tried listing it on the corvetteforum? Many many vette guys go to gt500s when they get kids or need a back seat.

War Eagle

Established Member
Have you tried listing it on the corvetteforum? Many many vette guys go to gt500s when they get kids or need a back seat.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am not a member of the Corvette Forum but maybe someone who is could post a link on there for me.

Thanks again,
Steve

DaGmen

Established Member
Can you send me some photos (I will PM you my email address)? If you still have this towards the end of the year, let me know before you decide to trade it in.

War Eagle

Established Member
Can you send me some photos (I will PM you my email address)? If you still have this towards the end of the year, let me know before you decide to trade it in.

A trade in at $40,000 is the same as selling it for $42,400. The sales tax in Florida is 6%. I would not sell it for $39,000 or $40,000 but I would trade it in for that amount.

Steve

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
would you consider a trade of a 11second vert + cash?

War Eagle

Established Member
Guy's,

The Shelby market is pretty bad right now so I am pulling the car from sale and will continue to drive it till the Boss 302 comes out and will trade it in at that time.

Guy's I will offer a little advice to those of you contemplating buying a new 2011 Shelby. Always pay cash if you can and never pay more than $500 over invoice. I paid $43,000 for my 2009 and only $46,000 for this 2010. If you can't get a Dealer to sell you one at invoice move on and keep looking.

Also, remember the "Shelby" GT500 is not a true Shelby and is not a collectible car. It is just another Ford production Mustang built on the same line as the V-6, same paint and overall quality that will suffer a lot of depreciation. When you buy one drive it and enjoy it and don't have any illusions that you have something rare and valuable.

A lot of guys paid premium prices for the 2007-2009 models parked them in their garage and now have a car worth $30,000 to $35,000 at the most.

The GT500 is a great car that is a lot of fun but you have to be careful and buy it at the right price and then drive the heck out of it and enjoy it.

For those of you that have never owned a GT500 I would highly recommend that you find one (any year model) and buy it. There simply is not another car that will compare to it for the money. Buy it, drive it, enjoy it and never, ever consider the car an investment.

have fun guys,:)

brianz426

Established Member
Guy's,

The Shelby market is pretty bad right now so I am pulling the car from sale and will continue to drive it till the Boss 302 comes out and will trade it in at that time.

Guy's I will offer a little advice to those of you contemplating buying a new 2011 Shelby. Always pay cash if you can and never pay more than $500 over invoice. I paid $43,000 for my 2009 and only $46,000 for this 2010. If you can't get a Dealer to sell you one at invoice move on and keep looking.

Also, remember the "Shelby" GT500 is not a true Shelby and is not a collectible car. It is just another Ford production Mustang built on the same line as the V-6, same paint and overall quality that will suffer a lot of depreciation. When you buy one drive it and enjoy it and don't have any illusions that you have something rare and valuable.

A lot of guys paid premium prices for the 2007-2009 models parked them in their garage and now have a car worth $30,000 to $35,000 at the most.

The GT500 is a great car that is a lot of fun but you have to be careful and buy it at the right price and then drive the heck out of it and enjoy it.

For those of you that have never owned a GT500 I would highly recommend that you find one (any year model) and buy it. There simply is not another car that will compare to it for the money. Buy it, drive it, enjoy it and never, ever consider the car an investment.

:beer:
Well said and I couldn't agree more. I've wanted one of these since '07. My wife thinks I'll never drive it after I get it because I do have a couple of older cars I don't drive much. This will be different, my return on investment for this car will be the shear pleasure of driving and using it.
GLWS

Brandon03Cobra

On a Boat..
Established Member
I want a car like this but I am hung up on a used 06-07 Z06 which are in the same price range. The main problem is I love Mustangs and have had one for the past 10 years.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Guy's,

Great advice and definitely not a bad thing to be able to enjoy a 2010 GT500 for a bit longer. :beer: :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread