2010 Shelby Dyno Results with TVS Upgrade

Sielmo

Established Member
Hey all,
A follow up to my previous post with a faulty dyno. I visited another shop with a fully functioning dyno and got great results. As you can see all my upgrades in my signature, here are the results with a tune from JDM:

703WHP with 669TQ. Not bad from a tune that is built on the safe side (91 Octane). Now its time to get that power to fully apply to the road and get some tires that are up to the task.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovS928BzRzU

Sielmo

Established Member
That might be not enough fueling, what does your duty cycle look like above 5k?
Good point. I havent really checked as I'm not sure what I'd need to read the log files. I did download the Dynojet pdf reader (WINPEP 7) so I was able to get a graphic view of the .drf files. Regardless, as per request by JDM, I've sent my dyno logs to them so they could verify all is good. They have been adamant about not needing a BAP or anything bigger than the 13/14 GT 500 injectors unless I crept into the 720whp realm.

Open to suggestions on how to read these files as mentioned.

reeve_ryan

Established Member
2.4, 2.5, and 2.6 with a tvs need a bap? This should not be an "across the board" answer! I have ran the 2.5 upper with VMP tuning for over a year. I pulled up to a 2.6 recently only b/c of all the crap I've read on the inerweb. I'm also running the 56lb injectors. Be carful running that setup without a bap, Atleast that's what I was told. Idk?

Sielmo

Established Member
2.4, 2.5, and 2.6 with a tvs need a bap? This should not be an "across the board" answer! I have ran the 2.5 upper with VMP tuning for over a year. I pulled up to a 2.6 recently only b/c of all the crap I've read on the inerweb. I'm also running the 56lb injectors. Be carful running that setup without a bap, Atleast that's what I was told. Idk?

Good feedback, thanks. I'm open to upgrades in the fuel system however, I'll see what the data logs tattle about what's needed. No blind faith in JDM however, like other reputable tuners, I definitely put much weight in their recommendations especially since my history with them has been nothing short of exceptional. Thanks for keeping me informed as this allows me to push for clarified details and we'll see what the objective recommendations are once the files are analyzed. In the meantime, BAP homework for me is a win, win.

colin1966

Established Member
I ran a TVS W/2.4 & 13/14 injectors, sent datalogs to tuner & no BAP needed.

On my Posi ported Eaton my tuner wants a BAP & 13/14 injectors, I thought this was overkill BUT that is what the tuner wants for "safe fuel needs"

End of the day, so you know you have safe fuel needs "ASK YOUR TUNER" they can see your duty cycle.

Nice #'s Terry & the car sounds wicked.

thanxs for sharing.

Colin

Last edited:

Sielmo

Established Member
I ran a TVS W/2.4 & 13/14 injectors, sent datalogs to tuner & no BAP needed.

On my Posi ported Eaton my tuner wants a BAP & 13/14 injectors, I thought this was overkill BUT that is what the tuner wants for "safe fuel needs"

End of the day, so you know you have safe fuel needs "ASK YOUR TUNER" they can see your duty cycle.

Nice #'s Terry & the car sounds wicked.

thanxs for sharing.

Colin

Colin,
Thanks for the feedback. I did hear back today from JDM specific the review of my dyno logs. They were delighted on the amount of HP gain as they were more than what was typically seen with this set-up. Normally with this set-up, 675WHP is about what is seen. All parameters were in safe margin however; the logs show I’ve topped out my injectors above 6K RPM. This is not the normal everyday driver (aka non-strip condition) RPM spectrum to be operating in although for the extra safety margin, they recommend I upgrade my injectors to the ID1000 with a revised tune to accompany. I’ll go this route to ensure engine longevity…looks like my 30 day old injectors (13/14 GT 500) will be going on sale in the “Market”.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Colin,
Thanks for the feedback. I did hear back today from JDM specific the review of my dyno logs. They were delighted on the amount of HP gain as they were more than what was typically seen with this set-up. Normally with this set-up, 675WHP is about what is seen. All parameters were in safe margin however; the logs show I’ve topped out my injectors above 6K RPM. This is not the normal everyday driver (aka non-strip condition) RPM spectrum to be operating in although for the extra safety margin, they recommend I upgrade my injectors to the ID1000 with a revised tune to accompany. I’ll go this route to ensure engine longevity…looks like my 30 day old injectors (13/14 GT 500) will be going on sale in the “Market”.

I was at 85-90% duty cycle on your setup with 72lb so the odds were not in your favor. If it was me at this point i would do a bap. It will give your pumps way more range then the bigger injector. Plus it will be more cost effective.

colin1966

Established Member
I was at 85-90% duty cycle on your setup with 72lb so the odds were not in your favor. If it was me at this point i would do a bap. It will give your pumps way more range then the bigger injector. Plus it will be more cost effective.

+1
Totally agree, get a BAP & save yourself some $$$$.
I picked up my KB Bap for $200.

Colin

Stetler17

Established Member
I have the same set up as the OP on my 10', except no headers and I use the VMP PnP BAP. no fuelng issues with this combo.

SVT03LV

Established Member
great numbers with 91, almost like mine but I'm with BAP :D
And like everyone said, better to go with BAP other than changing Injectors as they are good.

Users who are viewing this thread