2010 Red/Silver Stripes GT500 Twin Turbo

GarageLogic

Established Member
Well, after hemming and hawing the last couple of years and flirting with the idea, I have decided to put my twin-turbo 2010 Shelby GT500 up for sale.

From July of 2009 until February of this year, I used the car as my daily-driver and, as a result, it has ~49K miles on it currently. About 10K of these miles were put on the car prior to installation the twin-turbo setup in December of 2009 and a vast majority of the miles were accumulated on the highway including trips to shows/events in various parts of the country and participation in the Hot Rod Power Tour in 2010 and 2011.

As I stated earlier, this car was my daily driver, so if you are looking for an absolutely pristine, never-been-driven-in-the-rain, super low miles 2010 GT500 to stick in your garage, hoping that it will net you a big return 40 years down the road, this might not be the car for you. That being said, you would be hard pressed to find another used, daily-driven GT500 in better condition than mine, let alone one with the performance upgrades included with the vehicle.

The vehicle has been garage-kept and adult driven since its purchase in July 2009. There are no dents or dings anywhere on the car, and it rides and drives just like it did when I pulled it off the showroom floor.

In the interest of full disclosure, however, there are a few things about the car I would want any potential buyer to be aware of:

1. There are a couple of tiny paint chips on the urethane front cover where flying road debris has made an indention in the paint/plastic.

2. Two wheels have minor defects. One was curbed in the past and repaired. You would have to look closely to even notice, but it is there. The other wheel has a spot whereSA piece of metal in the road caused a flat tire but also put a chip in the coating of the wheel. Again, repaired and not noticeable unless you are looking for it.

3. There is a small scrape on the underside of the black area of the rear-diffuser. You cannot see it unless you are underneath the car.

4. There is a scrape in a cruise control button on the steering wheel. Not sure what caused it, but it is there.

The car is completely stock other than the performance components listed below, so feel free to check the Ford website for a listing of all the standard features on the 2010 model year GT500. The only factory offerings NOT opted for on my car are the Shaker 1000 audio setup, HID headlights and touch-screen navigation. I did this in order to maximize the weight savings. (Turn-by-turn navigation is available through the SYNC system that is standard on the car, anyway.) Original sticker on the car was $48,500.

Now for the good stuff! Performance additions include:

-Ford Racing “CobraJet” 80lb fuel injectors

-Diablosport “MAFia” mass airflow extender

-Kenne Bell “Competition” Dual Boost-A-Pump

-Hellion “Hellraiser” twin turbo kit featuring two 61mm, Turbonetics ball-bearing turbos, TurboSmart wastegates and TurboXS race bypass valve. (A more detailed listing of the kit can be found at www.hellionpowersystems.com)

-TurboSmart electronic boost controller/programmer.

-Revan Racing dual-fan heat exchanger upgrade.

-Snow Performance dual-nozzle methanol injection kit.

-Ford Racing rear lowering springs (I also have the front springs that would be included, but they are not currently installed)

All the performance upgrades we professionally installed and tuned by Joe Beegle at Dynospeed Racing in Memphis, TN. The car was a feature car for RTM’s December issue of their PowerBlock Magazine and the complete article can be viewed at www.powerblockmag.com by clicking on the December 2009 issue.

In its daily-driven, 93 octane pump gas configuration, the car features super-conservative timing and a/f tables and produces ~17lbs of boost. In this configuration, the car made 737rwhp/776rwtq (705rwhp/742rwtq, SAE adjusted). There is much, much more on the table with this setup if you are looking for it. (Note: In its current state, the methanol injection setup is in place on the vehicle but not in use. If you wanted to enable its use, I would suggest a retune for the methanol!)

Tires on the car are Bridgestone S04 Pole Position in 285/35-19 on all four corners. They were installed last summer and have about 10k miles on them. Just turned the rotors and replaced the stock brake pads with Hawk street ceramic pads last week.

As I stated earlier, the car drives just as it did when it was brand new; until you get into boost! The car averages around 16-18mpg city and 23-25mpg on the highway @ 70mph.

$38,000 OBO, no trades

GT500412011.jpg

GT500412012.jpg

GT500412018.jpg

GT500412017.jpg

GT500412016.jpg

GT500412015.jpg

GT500412014.jpg

GT500412021.jpg

GT500412006.jpg

GT500412004.jpg

GT500412008.jpg

GT500412007.jpg

GT500412023.jpg

GT500412020.jpg

GT500412019.jpg

Last edited:

griz_83ho

Established Member
Bump!!

Hey, is there any drawbacks from doing that twin turbo set up? I have been toying with the idea of doing it to my 2010 but dont know if I am better off just doing a 2.8 Kenny bell. GLWS

ctozzi

Established Member
i just started my install, pm me with any questions since it will be done next saturday.

GarageLogic

Established Member
No offense intended guys, but this is a for sale thread, not a GT500 turbo tech thread. PM me and I will be happy to answer any questions.

R1Lello

Established Member
Too bad......makes me sad when all this is done and sold for dirt cheap........more proof that ANY car is a lousy investment.........and really, who cares about 40 years from now, buy land or a house and you'll smile in 10 years instead.

Good luck though

Common

Established Member
Too bad......makes me sad when all this is done and sold for dirt cheap........more proof that ANY car is a lousy investment.........and really, who cares about 40 years from now, buy land or a house and you'll smile in 10 years instead.

Good luck though

Cars are not investments, anyone that believes that notion was dropped on their head as a child. Unless you're a dealer making business out of it, cars are never an "investment", it's a bottomless pit of nothing but pure excess, but this is America, and ****, that is what makes this country great.

sprintstang

Established Member
I remember seeing this car at dynospeed when I got my TT car tuned. It was still stock at that time. Whats the mileage now? price change?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread