2010 Mustang spy video

steele501

Established Member

steele501

Established Member
yep, i cant wait to see it in the nude... 3.5TT??

saw this on another forum, not sure where they got it, but its worth a read.

Immediate Release
Contact
Mary Brevard
BORGWARNER WILL TURBOCHARGE FORD ECOBOOST ENGINES FOR REAR-WHEEL DRIVE CARS AND PICKUP TRUCKS
BorgWarner Turbos Will Increase Efficiency of New Eco-Friendly Engine, Helping Drivers Enjoy More Miles to the Gallon
Auburn Hills, Michigan, May 1, 2008 – BorgWarner will supply turbochargers for rear-wheel drive cars and pickup trucks featuring Ford’s upcoming EcoBoost engine, a downsized gasoline direct-injection engine with dual turbochargers. The combination of turbo power and gasoline direct injection means the 3.5-liter V6 engine will perform like a V8, but with an increase in fuel economy of up to 20% and a reduction in CO2 emissions of up to 15%. The technology offers consumers real-world benefits in a variety of affordable cars and trucks.
“BorgWarner’s advances in turbocharging technology – including temperature-resistance materials, optimized turbine wheels and other specific design features – are making vehicles with downsized gasoline direct-injection engines more efficient,” said Roger Wood, President and General Manager, BorgWarner Turbo & Emissions Systems. “We are proud to partner with Ford in bringing drivers better performance, better fuel economy and lower emissions in a broad range of affordable vehicles. These are real benefits millions of consumers can experience daily over the next five years.”
BorgWarner’s advanced gasoline-engine turbo technology enables exceptional engine responsiveness with improved miles per gallon benefits. Partnering gasoline direct injection with turbocharging reduces turbo lag and engine knock, allowing drivers to enjoy the benefits of fuel economy without sacrificing performance.
As a leader in turbocharging technology, BorgWarner pioneered turbo innovations for gasoline direct-injection engines and has been actively increasing capacity to meet the high-growth potential for turbocharged vehicles that require powerful, yet fuel- and space-efficient engines. BorgWarner’s award-winning turbo technology is an important factor in supporting customers in the relatively new and growing arena of turbocharged gasoline direct-injection engines.
-- more --
BorgWarner Inc. (BorgWarner Turbocharges Ford EcoBoost Engines for RWD Cars & Pickups) – 2
BorgWarner Turbo & Emissions Systems is a leading global producer of turbochargers, exhaust gas return valves and other engine air management systems for passenger cars, light trucks and commercial vehicles. These systems are designed to improve fuel economy, reduce emissions and enhance vehicle performance.
Auburn Hills, Michigan-based BorgWarner Inc. (NYSE: BWA) is a product leader in highly engineered components and systems for vehicle powertrain applications worldwide. The FORTUNE 500 company operates manufacturing and technical facilities in 64 locations in 17 countries. Customers include VW/Audi, Ford, Toyota, Renault/Nissan, General Motors, Hyundai/Kia, Daimler, Chrysler, Fiat, BMW, Honda, John Deere, PSA, and MAN. The Internet address for BorgWarner is: http://www.borgwarner.com.
BorgWarner is proud that it will supply turbochargers for rear-wheel drive cars and pickup trucks featuring Ford’s new EcoBoost engines, helping drivers enjoy more miles per gallon with lower emissions.
###
Statements contained in this news release may contain forward-looking statements as contemplated by the 1995 Private Securities Litigation Reform Act that are based on management’s current expectations, estimates and projections. Words such as "expects," "anticipates," "intends," "plans," "believes," "estimates," variations of such words and similar expressions are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties, many of which are difficult to predict and generally beyond our control, that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed, projected or implied in or by the forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include: fluctuations in domestic or foreign vehicle production, the continued use of outside suppliers, fluctuations in demand for vehicles containing our products, changes in general economic conditions, and other risks detailed in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the Risk Factors, identified in our most recently filed Annual Report on Form 10-K. We do not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statements.

canibus

Established Member
the new mustang better look different than the current model, those things are so freaking ugly. from what i can tell it looks identical.

Fourcam330

Established Member
400hp and 360tq (not 400lb/ft) without direct injection, but it's not going to happen until MY '11.

Rochard

Established Member
I have completely lost interest in the newest generation of Mustangs. They do nothing for me.

steele501

Established Member
400hp and 360tq (not 400lb/ft) without direct injection, but it's not going to happen until MY '11.

i keep hearing that the new 5.0 is going to be more fuel efficient then the current 4.6. any truth to that?

i've also heard that ford just going to use the 302 that saleen has developed for their new cars. any truth to that? i know you've said ford will use the 4v heads but maybe the say saleen block?

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
About the only thing I like better about the S197 over the SN95 is the shifter placement. I just can't get into the styling (except that red w/ matte black stripe super snake; I'd drive that shit until the wheels fell off).

50 Proof

Established Member
If it's true that the 2010 will have a 400hp engine, Terminator resale value will hit the floor. Who's gonna want to pay low to mid 20k for a used terminator when you can get an NA 400hp for not a lot more.

Wease

I Love Beavers
Established Member
If it's true that the 2010 will have a 400hp engine, Terminator resale value will hit the floor. Who's gonna want to pay low to mid 20k for a used terminator when you can get an NA 400hp for not a lot more.

Umm, still me. And probably lots of other guys out there. Unless that NA motor is built to handle a lot more HP like the 03/04 is, the market for the 03/04 will be as strong as ever. Thinking the market for those cars is going to hit the floor is wishful thinking or you just don't get it. I'm not trying to be a dick, and no offense, but unless Ford comes out with another reasonably priced, boosted, and built for higher HP car like the Terminator was, the resale value will continue to be very high... :)

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
I have completely lost interest in the newest generation of Mustangs. They do nothing for me.

AMEN, I just dont like them anymore. They need to completely overhaul the body style. Where do they expect to go with the current style? Whats next the Mustang II?? AGAIN

Last edited:

50 Proof

Established Member
Umm, still me. And probably lots of other guys out there. Unless that NA motor is built to handle a lot more HP like the 03/04 is, the market for the 03/04 will be as strong as ever. Thinking the market for those cars is going to hit the floor is wishful thinking or you just don't get it. I'm not trying to be a dick, and no offense, but unless Ford comes out with another reasonably priced, boosted, and built for higher HP car like the Terminator was, the resale value will continue to be very high... :)

You have your opinion and I have mine, but before you go telling me that I don't get it, you should consider the following.

1) Most mustang owners aren't the type of enthusiast that you see here on SVT Performance. Message boards with extreme die hard enthusiasts, such as this one, represent a very small minority of Mustang owners. There are still a lot of people do buy Mustangs because they want something fast and fun to cruise around in.

2) Terminators are racking up mileage due to their age. It's becoming harder and harder to find a clean, low mileage terminator that hasn't been beat on hard or modified.

3) Would you like to start off with NA 400hp and a factory warranty, or 390 supercharged horsepower? Keep in mind, most Mustang owners, including people on this site, will never put down nearly enough power to blow the stock bottom end on a non forged modular engine.

4) Keeping # 1 and # 3 in mind, do you honestly think that most people want to buy a used (and most likely modified) terminator that has most likely been beat on, in which the past history of the car is unknown, over a brand new NA400hp Mustang with a brand new factory warranty, zero miles, pristine paint/body/interior?

Like I said, expect terminator sales to hit the floor. The Terminator is about to meet its successor.

EDIT:
this doesn't even keep in mind the fact that the twin turbo direct injection 3.5 could make its way into the Mustang. If this happens, the possibilities for modifications and tuning will be nearly endless. Welcome to modern technology bud ;)

Last edited:

Spritle

Anti-EV
Established Member

What models have you driven?

Not speaking for the guy, but they do nothing for me as well. I've owned three fox bodies, a 96 Cobra and a 03 Cobra. The new ones look (to me) like crap and are very cheap inside, not to mention slow. I'm still a huge fan of the Mustang, but not the current platform.

Users who are viewing this thread