2010 mirrors on 05-09

HerNameIsPonie

LAMC ftw
Established Member
First off if you're not comfortable swapping out a set of mirrors then you should take your car to a shop to get these installed as the do require a bit of modding. You'll need a drill. This isnt a detailed write up because I dont have the patience nor a ton of photos. It's not brain surgery people lol.

Well after waiting for about a year now the 2010 mirrors are finally available. When the 2010 debut came all I could look at was the interior and the mirrors. I originally wanted to do the agent 47 mirrors but they didnt really float my boat and the the snap on painted covers make the mirror look better but they're still big and ugly. While the 2010 mirrors fit on 05-09 they arent really a "direct bolt on" mirror. It will require some work but it's nothing that 10 minutes worth of modding cant take care of. I didn't have my camera during the install so i'll do my best to explain the situation. So here the photos

Heres a photo comparing the size of the 05-09 vs the 2010+ mirrors:

2010mirrors004.jpg

Heres a photo of what youre going to have to mod. Take off the foam cover and clip off the black plastic nubs:
2010mirrors007.jpg

2010mirrors006.jpg

Pop off the stock oem mirror and take a look at the mounting holes for the mirrors. For the 2010 mirrors you'll have make the two holes on the closer to the back bigger. Use a drill bit to enlarge the holes. Heres a photo of what im talking about:

2010mirrors008.jpg

As you can see I personally didnt use the third hole for the mirrors. After you enlarge the holes mount your mirror and plug everything back up. Make sure everything works fine and enjoy your work!

Before:

SCM2.jpg

After:

2010mirrors003.jpg

2010mirrors002.jpg

2010mirrors001.jpg

2010mirrors009.jpg

and a quick photo of my HID kit:

2010mirrors010.jpg

07mustangGT

Established Member
They look awesome. Nice touch. Very simple, but badass

Sorry but OT, does anyone know if the 2010 hoods can fit on the 05-09???? thanks

NotQuik

Just a GT
Established Member
My wife got me the mirrors today for our anniversary...I can't wait to get them on. I think they were 160 through my friend at the dealership and they came unpainted but were painted there. Steering wheel as well. :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread