2010 HID replacement

spincobra03

Established Member
Does anyone know what is involved in changing from the regular headlights to the HID's? Is it just simply changing a bulb? If so, how expensive is it? Or is it just better to change to an aftermarket bulb?

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Its not just a bulb change. I'm not 100% familiar with the conversion, but I know you'll need the projector housings, ballasts, bulbs and harnesses. I may be missing something, but that's the jist of it I believe.

spincobra03

Established Member
Its not just a bulb change. I'm not 100% familiar with the conversion, but I know you'll need the projector housings, ballasts, bulbs and harnesses. I may be missing something, but that's the jist of it I believe.

Yikes... sounds a bit involved. I'll do some research, just didnt know if someone knew off hand. When I figure out how to exactly do it, I will post it up.

Last edited:

spincobra03

Established Member

Derek, what are the chances of Lethal getting these kits from ford at a resonable price? I think they list for $525 as an option on the 2010's

spincobra03

Established Member
your best bet is contacting Steve at Tousley Ford on this site, his name is FORDSVTPARTS, but i would imagine they are a lot more than 525

Yes, I posted on the tousley ford thread and asked for a quote. Im sure it will be a few hundred dollars more than the factory option. I also posted a quote for the custom car cover, we will see

pony23

Established Member
The connectors are different for the 2013 lights. You would need to cut and play. Last time I saw, Tously said they did not have the connector for the 13 yet either.

Users who are viewing this thread