2010+ Guys With Nav

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
Has anyone else had a problem when downloading a CD into the hard drive to where it won't record the artist name, only the song title? Ive had a few CD's do this whereas some CS's record all the info into the car, even the CD picture. Anyone else? :??:

PRP

Established Member
Has anyone else had a problem when downloading a CD into the hard drive to where it won't record the artist name, only the song title? Ive had a few CD's do this whereas some CS's record all the info into the car, even the CD picture. Anyone else? :??:

Yes, I've found that some CD's load and include the artist and track titles where others don't give ANY info (artist OR track title).

It depends on the CD, if the info is embedded in it or not.

Phill

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
That's what I thought too just wanted to see if anyone else was having the same problem. Thanks for the response.

Dandy

Established Member
If you call Navtec they have the update, allegedly. I have yet to do this myself, but I hear that they will send you the Gracenote update... Lemme know if you try it and it works.

Another thing that I have been told to do is 'register' my SYNC on the sync website and somewhere on there you will find the most current information and be able to transfer that to your car on a jump drive. Once again, I couldn't get the SYNC website to acknowledge my car's existence and I don't know if this will really work. Hope that helped, someone that is more tech savvy and motivated should be able to figure this out...

Moody03SVT

Hear2Learn@Teach
Established Member
Logging in to te syncmyride website will help. You do a vehicle health check my copying info to USB, plugging in to car, go to phone-system-install, it runs health check. Then go to website again copy info from USB. Now it knows what car you have and what firmware. If there is an update then it will let you know. Just read instructions for all these steps and should be good.

Users who are viewing this thread