2010 Gt500 with Headers - O2 harness relocation, extensions delete

Sielmo

Established Member
I have a 2010 GT500 with AMR Headers and AMR supplied O2 sensor extensions. I’ve rerouted the O2 harness to the passenger side in order to remove the supplied header extensions but I still can’t get enough slack to successfully do this. I’ve found limited threads on this but was able garner enough information to get the idea.

Here is what I know and did:

Pulled off all clips securing the O2 sensor harness to the bellhousing and flopped the driver’s side harness over the passenger’s side. I can connect both REAR sensors without extensions.

I still can’t get enough length to connect both FRONT sensors without using the supplied extensions. (yes, did some modest tugging back and forth to free up)

For my 2010 model, the main harness wraps around the rear of the motor, on top of the bellhousing with “branch” or “T” harness to both O2 sensor banks. This seems to be different from the 2011 models and up that have wide-band sensors. Looking behind the motor from the top side, I can see the branch or T to the O2 sensors but there is no slack available.

Question:

For the 2010 models, is this possible to do, am I missing something or is this modification only for the 2011 models and up? Based on what I can see and have done so far, there is nothing left to free up and get the extra slack.

Thank you for your feedback

tromt01

Established Member
When I replaced my o2s last fall the replacement ones from ford had longer wires running from the o2s I believe all the new ones from ford now come that way.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Sielmo

Established Member
When I replaced my o2s last fall the replacement ones from ford had longer wires running from the o2s I believe all the new ones from ford now come that way.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I just replaced my sensors with the newer versions and I'm still short of connecting without the extension. Thanks for the reply though.

Sielmo

Established Member
Here is the differences with regards to the harness locations (2010 and older vs newer)

Attachments

• Pre 2013 GT500.jpg
    Pre 2013 GT500.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 135
  • 2013 GT500.jpeg.jpg
    2013 GT500.jpeg.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 141

Users who are viewing this thread