2010 GT500 low rpm issues

outlaw07

Established Member

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
It has a wideband wired into the ECU.
Say what? Unless you have some sort of aftermarket PCM, I don't know how you can splice an aftermarket O2 wideband into the ECM and have it control anything. I'm baffled.

outlaw07

Established Member
OK so I'm not wrong for thinking that was weird? Maybe I misunderstood him. I had people distracting me (doing it at work) so maybe I heard wrong but he said they wired in the wideband and I thought he said they wired it to the ecm which I thought was odd. He did say theres a plug behind the dash so I can get a gauge pod and its ready to go. Needless to say I need a TB and a tune. He said he would only charge one hour to dyno tune it. Would I be better getting a custom tune on an x4 or drive 1.5 hours each way for a dyno tune from these guys?

outlaw07

Established Member
Okay. I will call the dealer and see what they installed. What should I run for plugs? Would a new TB make a big difference or should I just get a tune and call it a day?

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Depends on boost. I'm guessing that whipple is pullied to make at least 15 psi. I'd look to go one range colder than stock. Not too many options for these. I think most end up with NGK TR7-IX.

I'd put a bigger throttle body on it. Check the market section. People upgrade all the time. Lots of "return to stock" sales for folks selling their cars too

VenomousGT500

Established Member
Quit talking to tms immediately. For them to say i "didn't want to spend money" on a throttle body.. I was literally willing to buy al's 67 vmp off his blown up shelby (imagine that) just to get one on the same day... He was stocked to sell it, but never put it on, they are not able to tune shelbys, they have no tuner, no experienced mechanics.... The second time I went up there they couldn't get that sputter dialed in, they did something to get it to not do it for the hour I drove it, it immediately came back. Its got a mopar tune... Long story short.

Lund is who you want... I have a custom lund tune and n gauge I cannot use, I will sell it to you but not going to give it away a ton of money on this car in 2 months owning it...I spent a shit ton of money for them to install an n gauge that is lund locked with a custom tune i couldn't even use but spent $1400 on, they where unable to tune my old car with the n gauge on, started talking crap about it, 'why do you need to monitor pointless things" they have no idea what they are doing. Charged me another $1300 for kevins mopar tune which doesn't work...They where questioning Lund on .028 gap and where suggesting I don't listen to them, said my n gauge was a waste of money and I don't need it... It's like dude I just drove hours out of my way in rush hour traffic to have "pros" install my parts, they took all day, and couldn't get it dialed in, i had to go back up there within 3 days because the problems you are saying re appeared, they do half ass work, no dielectric grease nor antiseize on the plugs when I pulled one to check it out tells me all i need to know right there, cookie cutting pos shop... Those are aluminum heads they need antiseize... CAI wasn't even bolted on tight, The wideband cable is tucked in the a pillar, I reccomend you buy my lund custom tune and n gauge, I also have the 72lb injectors and jlt carbon intake that worked great with the car... But im not giving anything away I lost a lot of money on this car. A throttle body will give you another 70 hp if lund or someone who knows these cars tune it... I have a custom tune with all the parts on your car for your car... Don't be scared of the car it runs wild at wot down the highway.

Only reason I sold it is because I don't have time to work on it, no tuners in washington are capable with these cars, and I drive for a living and need my license lol. The car is really bad ass and you got a smoking deal on it. I lost my ass on the car.

VenomousGT500

Established Member
His gt500 block is sitting in the middle of there "showroom" they told me gauges are a waste. I said uhhh id like to see my afr and boost at least... They suggested i buy multiple gauges if thats the case.... Uhh no how about you put my lund n gauge on correctly like i asked in the first place, wasnt wanting to have amatuers work on my car to say its not running we need to tune it, then have an inexperianced mopar tuner come touch my car, They ripped me off and tried stealing lunds tunes and i happened to be the customer in the middle of it, I was going to just move on and forget it but if they are putting lies in my mouth after doing that to my car isnt cool what a shady pos shop

outlaw07

Established Member
and the right man appears! thanks for the info. That will help tremendously. They told me I should swap to a JLT and a larger TB. I wouldn't expect you to give me that stuff for free lol. But I would like to get it. Any idea what you want for the tuner and gauges?

outlaw07

Established Member
I missed your second reply. I won't be visiting them I promise that. They did say a few things that make more sense now. "the previous owner got all mad about something and didn't come back. He didn't want to get a new TB for some reason". "You should upgrade that PMAS to a JLT because those PMAS CAIs make it hard to tune and restrict power." So they sounds like some inexperienced guys, trying to be big hotshot tuners lol. The car runs great when you open it up, but in town pretty much sucks. After you guys mentioned the dealer probably using motorcraft plugs, I haven't cracked it open at all. I'm waiting fopr that mechanic to get their so I can ask him personally what they used. I also ordered new plugs already

VenomousGT500

Established Member
Say what? Unless you have some sort of aftermarket PCM, I don't know how you can splice an aftermarket O2 wideband into the ECM and have it control anything. I'm baffled.

Who knows what these guys did... They wouldn't let me back there when they where tuning it.... Before that I asked why my zeitronix zt2 map boost sensor wasn't installed, the kid working on my car said you don't need it there are better ones out there, these idiots don't know only zeitronix zt2 works with n gauge, they don't know anything about n gauge, n gauge is the best of the best, I figured they would say good things not rag on it.

OP only tuner who can tune the car is you, through datalogging and emailing. There is no shop in Washington state. Especially the Harb... It needs a dialed in tune that's it, and a throttle body I didn't own it long enough to do what I planned with it. If you want even more power e85 it.

Last edited:

outlaw07

Established Member
If anyone knows venomousgt500 please tell him I lost his number and would like to get the parts for the gt500 if he still has them. Thanks!

outlaw07

Established Member
It had a bad o2 sensor but the main issue is tuning. It still bucks but mainly when it's cold. It's far better than it was and now that Im used it a lot it's not really a big issue. I'm ready to tune it and want to monitor AFR and fuel pressure so i can sleep at night

Users who are viewing this thread