2010 GT500 Drag race question

drkhrse

Established Member
My father in law let me take his GT500 down the 1320 last night for the first time. I'm not new to Drag racing, I have a '69 stang I've raced for years and had my 93 cobra down the track a time or two. My question is about the nasty axle wrap on every shift. It is bad enough it is hitting the stops or underside of the car. 1-2 was the worst, 2-3 couple good pops, 3-4 only 1 hit. The car is 100% stock, tires and all. I only got one run and got a 13.08 @ 110, (our adjusted air was ~4700 feet last night at the track). Is this a common problem with these cars? If so how do you fix it? The traction control was off, he said it is even worse with it on. Our next step is to get him some better tires (NT05R’s) however, I’d like to address this issue first.

Thanks,
Jason

GT50008

Established Member
This issues dates back to the 07 GT500's. They all have this issue. There is so much discussion on this I will keep it simple:

1. Replace the rear upper control arm.

2. If you are overly cautious, also replace the lower control arms.

Done.

COBRA32

Established Member
Get the anti wheelhop kit from Roush cures it and does not effect the ride or NVH levels.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
This issues dates back to the 07 GT500's. They all have this issue. There is so much discussion on this I will keep it simple:

1. Replace the rear upper control arm.

2. If you are overly cautious, also replace the lower control arms.

Done.

+1

OR lower C/A's and springs do the trick

Users who are viewing this thread