2010 GT500 Colors?

blksn8k

Established Member
Just wondering what is up with the 2010 grey vert that is showing up in photos on the net. I assume this is the Sterling Grey Metallic listed in the leaked ordering guide. However, the photos appear to show white stripes on the grey vert while the ordering guide does not include that combo. It does include grey with silver stripes. Is it possible those are silver stripes in the photos, or is that just an early version of the ordering guide and the color choices have changed? :shrug:

BlownBolt

Doesn't Care
Established Member
Here is a shot of the side stripes on the same car they are silver.

351545098.jpg

White on blue. You can still sort of see the difference in the stripe color.

351545219.jpg

Last edited:

blksn8k

Established Member
Well, whatever it is, so far that is my favorite combination. Definitely more subdued than the "Superman" Grabber Blue with red stripes. I even have a 70 Mach 1 428CJ in Grabber Blue with black stripes and I still don't like the Superman car. That grey vert really reminds me of the Cobra two-seater concept from a few years ago. I am really looking forward to seeing the GT500 in person at the NAIAS next Tuesday. I don't think the grey vert will be there but that's OK.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Whatever color blends in with the plastic rear so it's less noticeable.

blksn8k

Established Member
Whatever color blends in with the plastic rear so it's less noticeable.

Kind of what I was thinking. The Sterling Grey also makes the hood vent a little less obnoxious. Should look awesome on a vert with the black top as well.

Would also be interesting to see how a black coupe with Grabber Blue stripes looks. That would make an interesting compliment to my 70 Mach 1 with its Grabber Blue/black stripe paint.

Users who are viewing this thread