2010 gt vs 2010 camaro ss

Shadow_Stang

SVT Protege
Established Member
Ok this isn't really a kill and more of a funny story. I had just left my house to go to my girls house when a white camaro ss started reving his engine like crazy. It sounded stock, not too impressive, I responded with a half assed rev. He than went all out, engine roaring, his car shaking side to side like mad. At this point I have a huge grin on my face and this time I let the beast out and gave him a nice big roar , 2 cars parked on the street had their alarms blaring and a third was beeping. He didn't dare step on that pedal again and I couldn't help but start cracking up as we went different ways . :beer:

Shadow_Stang

SVT Protege
Established Member
Won't be the first time I would have smoked a cinderblock with wheels on it :lol::burnout: . Gm hasn't figured out yet that weight is a major factor lol. Think they were better of trying to race me in an abrams m1a1 :lol::lol::lol:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Won't be the first time I would have smoked a cinderblock with wheels on it :lol::burnout: . Gm hasn't figured out yet that weight is a major factor lol. Think they were better of trying to race me in an abrams m1a1 :lol::lol::lol:
Ummm.... your car is not exactly a lightweight either compared to old Mustangs or its last gen GT . Its even 20lbs heavier than my Cobra.....
The funny thing is a stock SS would be right there with you if not out in front.

Quote for the truth lol. No offense O.P but that SS could've beaten you even if it was quiet.......

Kewlv8

Established Member
Thank goodness he didn't have one of these......

exhaust_whistler.jpg

:thumbsup:

Shadow_Stang

SVT Protege
Established Member
Lol I know it would be right there with me . But im usually able to get ahead with the gears. Call it shitty driving on their part or whatever . And all I meant if the camaro would have been made lighter it would really be eating most bolt on GTs alive like nothing. But its not, sane goes for the challenger, too dam heavy.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
When I was stock I took down a GT with cold air, headers, exhaust, cams, and a tune (possibly gears not sure) from a roll. From a dig he would've had me. They are overweight but that'll change in a few years when they're on a new platform.

Kewlv8

Established Member
^^^^^^^^

uhhhh......what is that? (for real) :??:

The turbo whistler is an aluminum device which easily fits inside your car or trucks muffler exhaust pipe. Under heavy acceleration makes your car sound like it has a fake turbocharger. In some cars letting off the gas pedal releases backpressure in the muffler making the car sound like it has a small blow off valve. All your friends will think you have a turbocharger under your hood!

Your Turbo Whistler ships same day ordered by USPS Mail

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Hey OP,
yea I am with you on the gear thing and driving your car hard in a race but I got to tell you that those LS3 SS are strong on the top end. You probably could run with him light to light but I would stay away from a highway roll.

Just thought I'd let you know before you figure it out the hard way. Heavy or not, it is still an LSX engine and you have to respect them cuz they run strong.

BAD351W

Established Member
Hey OP,
yea I am with you on the gear thing and driving your car hard in a race but I got to tell you that those LS3 SS are strong on the top end. You probably could run with him light to light but I would stay away from a highway roll.

Just thought I'd let you know before you figure it out the hard way. Heavy or not, it is still an LSX engine and you have to respect them cuz they run strong.

+1

Those LSX's really boogie up top.

ROUSHS2

Fist Pumping Your Mom
Established Member

A LS3 would wipe the floor with you stock.

A bolt on LS1 would demolish on you.

A stock 03/04 Cobra wouldn't use lube.

This is a car forum.

Not your buddies at work.

Not a girl your trying to impress.

We know shit about cars.

Part of that shit we know about cars tells us a 2010 Gt with 373 gears isn't going to beat a 426hp Ls3 Camaro no matter how much lighter you are.

But hey thanks for the laugh.:beer:

ramstein

Established Member
Hey OP,

Strong top end? Compare to what? I test drove one right after I drove 2011 5.0 and I couldn't believe the difference! SS felt slow, less responsive, and heavy. I spent more then half hour in 5.0. really enjoying it. After driving SS for 5 min I brought it back to the dealer and left. Maybe I expected too much from ls3...

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
The '10 SS has a great top end. Like I said, I raced 2 friends that were 12.50-12.60 cars when I was bone stock with paper tags still on the car and pulled them both on the highway. The '11 GT is faster but not so fast that the SS feels slow by comparison, especially on the big end.

Users who are viewing this thread