2010 dates for autocross and road course

SKEETER_SVT01

Living it up
Established Member
My friend out here was asking me if their is a schedule for autocross and road course events this year. Can someone post a link or know the dates they will be happening. Thanks.

Last edited:

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
The only events I see so far on MotorportReg are NE SVT's Autocross (at Devens) April 3rd and May 15.

pony23

Established Member
Been to a few at Ft Devons. Had a great time. Nice big course.

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
There are a lot of events to choose from this season. You can contact me directly with any event specific questions you have. I am the prez of NE-SVT, formerly the SVTOA Boston Chapter..

There are several clubs that run autocross events at Devens, but the three that are the best fit for this crowd are NE-SVT, SCMC, and BSCC.

NE-SVT has seven dates, and SCMC and BSCC have four respectively for a total of fifteen.

This year the three clubs will be sharing the new wireless timing system, and there will be a lot more communication and sharing of personnel between the events.. So, while each club has its individual flavor, the quality of the events should be very high across all three.

NE-SVT is also hosting a two day track event at Calabogie Motorsports Park in Ontario. The track is 5km with 20 turns......totally amazing.

Additionally, if you really want to get your track fix, the cheapest way to get seat time with some of the best instructors around is with COM sports car club. They are visiting Monticello and Watkins Glen in NY, Mont Tremblant in Quebec, NJMP, and several dates at New Hampshire. You can find their schedule on their website. COM Sports Car Club

I have a spread sheet with all the Devens dates on it. Shoot me a PM with an email address and I'll send it over.

Here is a link for the NE-SVT activities: http://ne-svt.motorsportreg.com/

Last edited:

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
There are more dates with other groups on the spreadsheet like troy said. Here are the ones for the mustang/cobra clubs.

July 3rd, 24th
August 8th
Sept. 4th, 25th
Oct. 9th, 31st

pony23

Established Member
There are a lot of events to choose from this season. You can contact me directly with any event specific questions you have. I am the prez of NE-SVT, formerly the SVTOA Boston Chapter..

There are several clubs that run autocross events at Devens, but the three that are the best fit for this crowd are NE-SVT, SCMC, and BSCC.

NE-SVT has seven dates, and SCMC and BSCC have four respectively for a total of fifteen.

This year the three clubs will be sharing the new wireless timing system, and there will be a lot more communication and sharing of personnel between the events.. So, while each club has its individual flavor, the quality of the events should be very high across all three.

NE-SVT is also hosting a two day track event at Calabogie Motorsports Park in Ontario. The track is 5km with 20 turns......totally amazing.

Additionally, if you really want to get your track fix, the cheapest way to get seat time with some of the best instructors around is with COM sports car club. They are visiting Monticello and Watkins Glen in NY, Mont Tremblant in Quebec, NJMP, and several dates at New Hampshire. You can find their schedule on their website. COM Sports Car Club

I have a spread sheet with all the Devens dates on it. Shoot me a PM with an email address and I'll send it over.

Here is a link for the NE-SVT activities: NE-SVT > Upcoming Events - MotorsportReg.com

Do you guys have any special rules for verts? I noticed that many clubs make the verts have a full roll bar setup to run. I just have the style bar on it. Loved autocrossing with my old hardtop.

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
For autocross there are no special rules regarding convertibles. Track events are a different story. Com requires all open cars to have at least a bolt in functional roll bar, and arm restraints for both students and instructors. Arm restraints are cheap, and can be used in conjunction with your stock lap belts, but obviously, the roll bar is a bigger issue and expense.

Users who are viewing this thread