2010+ auto conversion anyone done it??

wheelin

Established Member
I'm looking for Anybody or any shop who has done an auto swap with a 2010 gt500 using a standalone TCU? If you know of anybody if they been sucessful with this swap I would like to hear

thx mike

94CobraPace

Established Member
There is a guy in Houston that did it, I don't have much info except that he likes it. He went with aftermarket shifter.

FordFanStan

Established Member
I tried asking about this a while back and couldn't find much info on here. This is for another application, but I am purchasing the 2010 ECU and harness and then a separate Baumman TCU. I would love to here from any shops that already did this too. FFS

ferrarokid

Established Member
<---- is doing a rossler 400 as we speak ..

2007-2010 pretty sure it's the same deal.

Last edited:

wheelin

Established Member
I think the 2010 computer is a little different than 07-09. We are have some tune related issue with the swap

mike

armycook1981

Established Member
mine is an 05- v6 base swapped gt500 4r70w with baumenn controller..
my interior looks factory shifter and all. the controller itself is mounted in the glove box

FordFanStan

Established Member
yeah mine seemed to be the controller to ecu that was having cruise problems

mine is an 05- v6 base swapped gt500 4r70w with baumenn controller..
my interior looks factory shifter and all. the controller itself is mounted in the glove box

What year ECU are you using? GT500 ECU? And what type of issues were you experiencing with the controller if you don't mind me asking. I'm pretty sure the ECU for the 2010s are different because they utilize the factory knock sensors and I don't think you can do that with the previous GT500 ECUs?

I am still planning on buying the 2010 ECU/Harness (since my engine is the 2010 GT500) and then separate Baumman TCS, and hoping I don't have issues between the two.

wheelin

Established Member
What year ECU are you using? GT500 ECU? And what type of issues were you experiencing with the controller if you don't mind me asking. I'm pretty sure the ECU for the 2010s are different because they utilize the factory knock sensors and I don't think you can do that with the previous GT500 ECUs?

I am still planning on buying the 2010 ECU/Harness (since my engine is the 2010 GT500) and then separate Baumman TCS, and hoping I don't have issues between the two.

My car is finally figured out and it retardedly fun! Mike Lee from MRL performance out of Alberta figured the tuning issues. 2010 gt500 has been done with a TCU now....

Users who are viewing this thread