2010-2014 Shelby Engine Cap set

Kel

Established Member
Morning. Re: 2010-2014 Shelby GT500 Engine Cap Set Does anyone have these on their car? Having a hard time figuring out how to get he oil dip stick "cap" replaced - it looks like a super small Allen wrench (<1/16"?). Can someone who's swapped theirs let me know the trick? TIA.

50stangpower

Established Member
The oil dipstick is just a roll pin. Take a small awe and hammer and tap it out. Then o used pliers to reinstall it in the new one.

Kel

Established Member
The oil dipstick is just a roll pin. Take a small awe and hammer and tap it out. Then o used pliers to reinstall it in the new one.

Yes, that's exactly what you would do except for the fact that my handle is only drilled on one side, so there is no way you can tap it out! The only thing I can think it's just not made correctly. I could try to drill out what is in there but I don't want the handle to get ruined if they want to swap it out for me? I would like to see detailed photos of what this handle should look like, I think the handle wasn't drilled all the way through during manufacturing. Problem is, I've had it a year and just got around to looking at the dip stick handle, so I'm sure they're not interested in swapping it.

barspen

Established Member
It's be a while...but if I remember correctly, I think it's a spring tension pin. Should be easy to get out with a pair of fine needle nose pliers or small hemostats. Then you would have to compress the pin to start it back in the hole. Good luck.

spring pin.jpg

cobra1718

Established Member
It’s not a pin. It is indeed a small screw that needs to be removed with a Allen wrench.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Morning. Re: 2010-2014 Shelby GT500 Engine Cap Set Does anyone have these on their car? Having a hard time figuring out how to get he oil dip stick "cap" replaced - it looks like a super small Allen wrench (<1/16"?). Can someone who's swapped theirs let me know the trick? TIA.

I'm pretty sure that the Shelby cap sets are 2007-2010 (7 pieces) and 2011-2014 (6 pieces), the P/S reservoir cap being the first difference between the two sets? <<< But I may be wrong...... I am not sure that "all" use a set screw or "all" use a roll pin, it may have changed through the years, but here is the SPP Super Snake dip stick handle for the earlier cars..........maybe 2007-2010?

005.jpg

007.jpg

^^^^It is hard to get a good view in the hole, but there are no threads in it and it is drilled all the way through. There may be threads on the back end of the dipstick? IDK?

I can pull the stick out of my 2008 tomorrow if a closer picture of the T-handle is needed for verification, but that is a 2008 and it seems to me that it is a roll pin not a set screw.

R

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread