200R Vehicle Weights (new question)

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
Hey guys... I know this stuff has been posted before... and the cars are about 3550 (right?)

But what are the Front To Rear Weigts if you have them?

Here I am in 2003... getting ready to run my '04 Mach 1 in F-Stock for 2004... but already thinking about prepping a 2000 R for ESP for 2005 ;)

That or a 2003 Cobra... but the front end weights will help!

Thanks!

Dave

kevin

mine is 3580. after a bunch of stuff was stripped out and a bunch of safety stuff added.

i can't find my weight sheets, but it seems to me the front was 53%. also, seems to me the left to right was 50/50

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
Perfect Thanks!

And I wonder if he had the Battery Still up front?

If so... you could lose 30lbs from the Battery... and then Ditch the '00R hood.. and install the '95 R Hood (another 25lb savings)...

Then EGR Crap & Headers... probably about 15 more lbs saved?

So... It looks like I could get about 65-70lbs off the nose...

JoeJ... maybe you can respond... you say in your link... the car was weighed empty... do you mean no junk/driver in it? Or No Fuel either?

Because 3590 sounds like a Full Wet Weight?

Thanks!

Dave

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Off-topic, but I think your question was answered.
Congrats of your 2 nat'l championships this year. E-SP had a bunch of misclassified cars in 2003 in a class that has always been 'pony cars'. Great job smoking 'em all.

I see you are going back to F-stock from street prepared? I'm a little curious about why? I'd like to check out pics on the new Mach 1 when you finish prep. I assume you'll be able to use some of the sold 95R tires/wheels/pads on the Mach next year? I agree the 00R would be a good fit in ESP. Good luck!:beer:

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by Dave Schotz
Perfect Thanks!

And I wonder if he had the Battery Still up front?

If so... you could lose 30lbs from the Battery... and then Ditch the '00R hood.. and install the '95 R Hood (another 25lb savings)...

Then EGR Crap & Headers... probably about 15 more lbs saved?

So... It looks like I could get about 65-70lbs off the nose...

JoeJ... maybe you can respond... you say in your link... the car was weighed empty... do you mean no junk/driver in it? Or No Fuel either?

Because 3590 sounds like a Full Wet Weight?

Thanks!

Dave
Dave,

Joe's car still has the battery up front. I also see he posted this message in April of 2002, a few months BEFORE he and I had our roll cages done, so his weight at that time did not include the roll cage we have now. He had a lighter Chromoly cage at that time.

I figure our current cages are good for at least 100-150 pounds or so. I also think he probably had at least some gas in the car, so some of that weight is whatever was in the tank at the time. Additionally, I am pretty sure he weighed the car without himself sitting in the drivers seat.

Therefore, I think at the present time, mine and Joe's would weigh in right around 3700+ with a half tank or so of gas in the tank. Add in another couple hundred for the driver, and you are right close to 4000 pounds.

I am sure Joe will chime in at some point soon to confirm all of this.

Users who are viewing this thread