2009 GT 500 Hood

Bleedsblue

Established Member
I am getting the hood from an 09 GT 500 with in a week. I work for a collision shop as an appraiser and we are fixing one SICK Cobra (700 rwhp). The hood has very slight damage on the front left edge. I'm an appraiser at the shop and I negotiated a new hood from the insurance company. The customer said I could keep the old one. The new hood was $1384.00! I think the damaged one could fixed without cracking the paint. There a some light scratches on the left stripe. Honestly you can't really see the damage unless you look close. I will be posting pictures as soon as I bring it home from the shop. It's red with white racing strips and the vent grills are still in it. I'm looking for $900 but I am open to all offers within reason.

Last edited:

Bleedsblue

Established Member
I have considered a few things like the fact that the list price on the factory hood is $1384 but the cost price is about $800. You can't get that price unless you have an in with a Ford parts department but I'm sure a lot of you guys out there do so I'm dropping the price to $750 bo. Thanks!

Bleedsblue

Established Member
The job is a little delayed and my boss wants me to wait to take it until everything is final so I am hoping by Wednesday of this week.

cheftjpeck

Established Member
If you can get $750 for your hood then all the power to you..Hopefully you do...truly...however I sold my hood in perfect condition..no dings, scratches or anything for less than $300 (Picked up local) ....they are on EBAY all day long for $300-$500 shipped...either way good luck with sale...

Last edited:

Bleedsblue

Established Member
Sorry for the delay. The job isn't done yet. Everything but the strips. The first attempt was a failure. The guy that attempted it f'd up a 300 dollar hood strip. The "damage" on the hood probably won't show up too good in pictures. It's that minor but I will post some pictures once I get it. The second attempt on the strips will be on Tuesday. If all goes well I will have it by mid to late next week. I am flexible on the price so thanks for the feed back. How come the retail from ford for just under $1400 if the OEM hoods are selling on ebay for $500?

airmanb2b

Established Member
The hoods sell cheap because they are stock parts. Most stock parts are not worth anything near what they cost new. Good luck redoing the stripes. They suck. Just use alot of solution.

Bleedsblue

Established Member
I finally have the hood. It's sitting on my porch because it won't fit through my basement door. lol The pictures don't really show the damage. It is very light. You have to look for it and it's really hard to see when it's off the car.
Ok, I forget how to insert pictures. It's been a while. Can someone help me with that?

2008vistablue

Established Member
So the hood was like free to you and the guy who owned the car didn't want it so it sounds like a fast buck for you man. Just be careful Obama is looking to tax every frickin thing to get out of debt so he might tax the hood sale....LOL :) GLWTS

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Like 08Vista said, youre still getting some good money either way. GL.

Even on Ebay, brand new L OEM bumper grilles are still going for $300.

Users who are viewing this thread