2009 Darwin Award winners announced!

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Kinda takes a little of the shine off that "small brain punter" under his username.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
^don't mind him, he's just increasing his poast count

Mmm...poast...

drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Ms Northcutt said: "It seems these guys were putting dynamite in every crevice they could find. It sounds so stupid that it creates a mental picture in my mind that can't help but bring a smile to my face."

I felt the same way when I read that:-D

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Ms. Northcutt scoffs at genius in action, at dreams outside the box. The bank robbers naturally (and rightly) assumed that low-Earth orbit would be the best place to stash the cash and hide out. They just made an error in terms of delta-V.

Jim Snover

Common

Established Member
No shit. Everyone just got finished dying for 2009 on December 31st. They can't release the winners until all the idiots for that year die. The ****ers who died in 2010 will get the award a year from now. Get it?

Durrr, durrr, I just went by the date the article came out. Which was Jan 2nd, 2010. Hence me assuming they pulled this stunt in 2010 and wondering how could they win for 2009 when they did this shit in 2010.

Last edited:

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Durrr, durrr, I just went by the date the article came out. Which was Jan 2nd, 2010. Hence me assuming they pulled this stunt in 2010 and wondering how could they win for 2009 when they did this shit in 2010.

The dude didn't give a date as to when they did it, so I can see how you'd make that mistake if you went of the date the article was published, but the second paragraph did say "Wendy Northcutt, the founder of the annual awards, declared them the 2009 winners of the Darwin Awards..."

Oh well. I like the runners up and the previous winners at the end of the article. Polish dude cut his own head off to prove how macho he was.

Common

Established Member
The dude didn't give a date as to when they did it, so I can see how you'd make that mistake if you went of the date the article was published, but the second paragraph did say "Wendy Northcutt, the founder of the annual awards, declared them the 2009 winners of the Darwin Awards..."

Oh well. I like the runners up and the previous winners at the end of the article. Polish dude cut his own head off to prove how macho he was.

That's what I'm saying. I assumed this is something that happened within the past two days....thinking "damn, they started early, but op messed it up, it's 2010 today".....

BumbleBeeGTO

Established Member
I still think the award winner is the woman who tried to masturbate with a jack hammer.

ssssnake

Established Member
I still think the award winner is the woman who tried to masturbate with a jack hammer.

HAHAHAHA!!!! Tear it up!

Aaron (Sharkbite), I was just wondering where you were the other day- hadn't seen you post lately.
happy_face_waving.gif

I witnessed a Darwin winner a long time ago. He was dressed in a gorilla suit, and his friends were driving him around a park. He would lean out of the car and scare people. That worked until the driver got too close to a sign on the side of the road. The gorilla guy was killed when the sign met the back of his head at about 15-20 miles an hour.

Users who are viewing this thread