2008 vette dynos 400 RWHP STOCK no break in

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Not True.. Look at BMW...haha

ON D BIT did state factual and logical information..I misread it initially and I am sure if you took the time to look at what he said it would make sense to you too.

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
S8ER95Z said:
Not True.. Look at BMW...haha

ON D BIT did state factual and logical information..I misread it initially and I am sure if you took the time to look at what he said it would make sense to you too.

BMW exactly proves the what class the vehicle is in. Always in the cutting edge of technology etc. The price reflects it though.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
czwalga00gt said:
Because your arguements don't make logical sense. A GT500 is a lower class vehicle really?? Usually thats determined on price. Everything in our society is determined on price... vehicles are no different.

my mistake. lower class performance vehicle!

look what ford built when they went after the 360 recently. did they build a car with an unibody chasis based off an in production car that had has poor suspension design and poor weight distrabution?

if ford wanted to compete in the sports car field(which the c6 is a part of) they would NOT build it on any mustang chasis, current or past!:idea:

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
ON D BIT said:

look what ford built when they went after the 360 recently. did they build a car with an unibody chasis based off an in production car that had has poor suspension design and poor weight distrabution?

if ford wanted to compete in the sports car field(which the c6 is a part of) they would NOT build it on any mustang chasis, current or past!:idea:

It appears you're just never going to get what i'm trying to get across... I know they arent trying to make it compete, but that fact means it should not be priced in the same range, because it doesnt really offer anything that the c6 doesnt. It's not like a truck, extra space, luxurious. 2 Tiny ass extra seats is the only thing it offers extra for the price.

Last edited:

broeli

Established Member
ON D BIT said:

Not sure I agree. I think Ford DID intend for the GT500 to compete in performance with the Vette. If I remember correctly there were several spy type photos of the GT500 being tested before its release and one of the cars that was also present to compare it to was a Corvette. Correct me if I'm wrong...but I'm pretty sure.
It really is a shame Ford couldn't bring us the Ford GT for Z06 type money. It's also a shame that the GT500 is now in the same price range as a Corvette. The Mustang should've remained the bargain it used to be.
I think the GT500 is Fords best attempt to come close to Corvette performance while trying to keep costs down. It's definitely a failed attempt...in price and performance.

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
broeli said:
Not sure I agree. I think Ford DID intend for the GT500 to compete in performance with the Vette. If I remember correctly there were several spy type photos of the GT500 being tested before its release and one of the cars that was also present to compare it to was a Corvette. Correct me if I'm wrong...but I'm pretty sure.
It really is a shame Ford couldn't bring us the Ford GT for Z06 type money. It's also a shame that the GT500 is now in the same price range as a Corvette. The Mustang should've remained the bargain it used to be.
I think the GT500 is Fords best attempt to come close to Corvette performance while trying to keep costs down. It's definitely a failed attempt...in price and performance.

That statement is so very true.
I believe that was/is a lost opportunity on Ford's part. Even if it was priced competetive with the Viper SRTs and 911 Carreras and built in similar numbers, it would still sell large volume and take a chunk out of the performance sports car sales segment dominated by GM, DC and Porsche.

YOMV,

-RR

415ZR1

Established Member
You are clueless. Stop talking about things you
don't know anything about. It only works when you are talking to other people like yourself.

Illtaketwlight said:
Google isn't always correct LOL. I was at GM and with engineers at that time. GM didn't have the tooling for aluminium heads. So they had mercury marine do them. Don't always believe what you "Google" So what your saying is GM couldn't build an engine? Thats just to funny.

bubbrubb

Illtaketwlight said:
Seeeeeeeee Yeahhhhhhhhhh. :thumbsup:
normalbanhimhr2.jpg

You're a damn fool. I hope this is the last thread you get your hands on.

The 12.46 in the Auto C6 is impressive as hell. I just wish I could like these cars. I don't know what it is about them :shrug:

*JIGGA*

Established Member
Illtaketwlight said:
This is getting along.:D And im glad all of you are buying vette's. Then there's less Shelby's on the road. Go ahead make my day. I just went for a ride and didn't see one Shelby. I'm really liking this. I rode down to advance auto parts to buy some HID's and there were so many ricers in line i said #^&# this and just went out and did a big burnout and left. But they will be on my mod list, at the end.:nonono: Or maybe some cams, oh that's right i don't need them. My heads flow good with a smooth idling cam or cams. They will be at the end to i guess. :coolman: Just playing around go a head and start bashing. Give me your best shot! :poke:
Hi, im 15 yrs old and i would never be acting like this over the internet or out:uh oh: so please dont make a fool of yourself and dont do what you dont want your kids to be doing.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
GT500 owners are worse than Vette owners.

Simple.

If your panties are really getting in that much of a twist maybe go with a car that doesn't weight the moon next time.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
*JIGGA* said:
Hi, im 15 yrs old and i would never be acting like this over the internet or out:uh oh: so please dont make a fool of yourself and dont do what you dont want your kids to be doing.

Son just called out pops.

cobra-info

Established Member
It is sad how much this thread has gotten so off track why do people run there mouth with a bunch of bs that does not even have jack to do with the original post? This thread never said anything about the build quality of a chevrolet pickup truck, nor did it say anything about the GT 500 vs the 08 Vette. Go & make your own damn threads about those things if thats what you want to gab about.

ZeroFear

Banned
Illtaketwlight said:
I don't see how its an "Direct Competitor" 20 years from now a vett will be a dime a dozen. My GT500 will be worth 8 maybe 10 times what a vett would go for. Besides Chevy has always been about 5 years behind on technology. I think there still there. There trying to hang in there with cu in. Its not working in my book.

LOL keep thinking that buddy. Unless your car has less than 100 miles on it and plastic on the seats, its gonna be in the same boat as the terminator. And with gasoline headed the way its been, the value might even be less as no one will be able to drive it ( 20yrs from now we might all use alt fuel or battery cars ).

BLK93GT

Established Member
Illtaketwlight said:
Bob when your as old as me high school girl are Kids. I have a son older then them. Chick could be anywhere between 25to35 and a woman from there on out. Not sure how old you are but if you have a chick and I'm a round you should keep an eye on here. Because I've found out alot of chicks like older man. We have more money and sense. And don't worry alot about the trashing part Bob I've put you in your place more then once. If you look back. If you consider chicks as high school girls id say your a young en.

Uhh.....I think Bob knows what he is talking about...lol. Obviously you have no clue who he is....

Seriously...anyone that is a TRUE Mustang fanatic should know who Bob Cosby is....

He can drive the wheels off a car..and get better times than 99% of the people out there probably...and he is not a kid...

BLK93GT

Established Member
ZeroFear said:
LOL keep thinking that buddy. Unless your car has less than 100 miles on it and plastic on the seats, its gonna be in the same boat as the terminator. And with gasoline headed the way its been, the value might even be less as no one will be able to drive it ( 20yrs from now we might all use alt fuel or battery cars ).

Yea...it's a Shelby..but it is a not a 65-70 Shelby...

For all we know it could end up like a Shelby Chrysler..lol.

I like the GT500's but they are not worth the $$..I'll wait 5 years and see there the prices are.

I'd buy a used '03-04 Cobra over a GT500 anyday..and have enough left over to mod it and buy a truck too..

Users who are viewing this thread