2008 R32 or 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 track?

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
Well, the time has come for a new car. I am leaning toward one of thse two. I know they are worlds apart, but they happen to be the ones I am eyeing the most. Both are new. The Genesis Coupe is going to be around 32K while the R32 is marked down to 29.1K.

What do you folks think? The 306hp rear drive Hyundai or the 250hp AWD Volkswagon? SOmething else in the price range(28-32?) Give me some feed back.

AAG

Established Member
I'd get the 370z if you are looking to pay that much. I still don't trust Hyundai and the R32 has always seemed over priced to me, considering a bolt-on & chipped GTI would spank it.

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
I'd get the 370z if you are looking to pay that much. I still don't trust Hyundai and the R32 has always seemed over priced to me, considering a bolt-on & chipped GTI would spank it.

I looked at those, but they are two seaters and it would be hard to get into one for 32k. Thanks for the input though.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
2.0T Genesis.

**** the 3.8, the 2.0t already comes forced induced, has a motor thats way stronger than the 3.8, and lighter. Just add boost (bigger turbo) and fuel and call it a day. The 3.8? yeah, if you wanna do that its buildy motor time, and the end product would still be only marginally better than the 2.0T.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
My buddy just ran down a R32 to 70mph in his F250 with a programmer and 4 of us in his truck. :banana:

I don't know shit about the Genesis other than it's a Hyundai and all the Hyundais I've ever been in seem to be built like shit.

The R32 is a solid car.

vw_08r32_interior.jpg

Common

Established Member
R32's are bit overpriced for the amount of hp you get, or dont should I say.

Also, Mark VI is coming out, so you might want to wait since that will drive the prices down a good amount.

aaandht

Established Member

Still don't have AWD....

snake134

+1 on the 370z. r32 is overpriced and you need to put a fair amount of money into them to make them fast. i don't think anybody here can talk about the modibility of the genesis. but the nissan is a decent performing car with lots of track potential

ToyoFl

Established Member
Don't get the R32 just get the GTI, and put in mods for the amount of money you'd be spending, and wham you got a really freaking fast Euro car. Nice little cars, my friend has one and they are fun as hell to drive, great handling as well.

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
I suppose I should have laid out a prereq. I will not be modding this car! Anything past a air intake, exhaust, and wheels will not be happening. Love the comments though yall.

earl lee

Established Member
Well if you wont be modding anything its simple, get the r32, yeah its slow but it is a hatch with awd so it has some versatility and since it is a vdub, it will have high a resale value since vdub fanboys cant get enough of them slow r32's.

Another positive about the r32, its a limited model so you mos def wont see to many if any around.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Well if you wont be modding anything its simple, get the r32, yeah its slow but it is a hatch with awd so it has some versatility and since it is a vdub, it will have high a resale value since vdub fanboys cant get enough of them slow r32's.

Another positive about the r32, its a limited model so you mos def wont see to many if any around.

I wouldnt say there that slow my friend had a 2004 r32 thing looked and sounded pimp and handled like a son of biatch! just an exaust and he ran 13.8@100 was running as fast as stock evo's @ the track.

running 13's with a pretty much stock vdub is fast for a vw if u ask me , cant go any faster for a vdub,r32 is pretty much the fastest stock vw you can buy. esp for 240 crank hp 13.80's is good!

Last edited:

20psirabbit

Established Member
i'm with common, i'd get an evo 9 or an sti and save a few bucks. fast, awd, and if you're not modding it to death or doing 6k clutch drops on them they'll be fine. i haven't seen the genesis yet but would be sketchy about dumping that kind of money on a first run hyundai sports coupe. and r32s are cool, but honestly unless you're driving the hell out of it, they're not impressive. straight line is way slow, handling and braking are good but like others said you can almost keep up with them wih a regular gti. in fact i think i'd rather have a gti over an r32.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
There are many vehicles in that range "new"...I would go drive a handful and pick the one that suits you best.. Are American brands out of the question? Obviously this is where you will probably get your best deal from one of the big3. (G8 GTs can be scooped)

I would be leaning towards the Genesis 2.0 coupe, as it is looking to be a killer deal, just add more boost, fuel and tune for some more fun :) NM, saw you really don't want to mod.

alternatives...

The WRX (265 HP) sedan is not bad in base trim it comes in around 25K

If you can find a dealer not playing markup games, you could get a Camaro 1SS for around 32K if the new camaro floats your boat (and it literally is a boat).

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
**** everyone else, be different and go with the R32. you can DEFINATLY find them cheaper than that too, check out autotrader.com

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
How about this?.....evo 9 and be a happy man.

agreed, however with the evo aftermarket, not modding it will be harder than actually modding it.

if you get an evo and dont mod it, you might as well save another 10,000$ and get a 2g AWD DSM and just do maintenance and call it a day.

Users who are viewing this thread