2008 Mustang Week Dragnight!!

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
We've partnered with the National Grudge-Racing Championships (NGC) to make the 2008 Mustang Week Dragnight even better! Along with the normal test-n-tune, NGC will be running a shootout to find the fastest street-driven cars at Mustang Week! Classes and rules are being worked out now and will be posted on the MW site very soon. Check out this thread for more info!
http://www.mustangweek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1094

N.G.C.

Fastest Street Car at Mustang Week Shootout!

The National Grudge-Racing Championship is proud to announce our sponsorship to mustang week 2008! The N.G.C. is here for one reason, to prove who has the fastest street car at mustang week 2008! More details about this event are coming soon!!

Fastest Street Car at Mustang Week Shootout!

The Classes:
“Factory Blown” class:
03/04 Cobras, GT500’s, Ford GT’s

“New Edge” class:
99-04 Everything (excluding Terminators), SVT Lightning’s, mach1, 05+ Mustangs

“SN-95” Class:
96-98 Mustangs/Cobras

“Push rod” class:
1995 and older Mustangs/Fords, all other Ford vehicles

The Rules for participating vehicles:-

All vehicles must have one factory airbag (except1993 and older)
-No Parachutes or hookups allowed
-No Fuel Cells allowed, OEM style gas tanks only (supplemental fuel cells are ok)
-Must be DOT approved tires
-Car must be equipped with an alternator
-Must have valid/current inspection sticker and valid license plates
-No wheelie bars
-Must have at least one passenger seat (2 seats minimum total)
-Stock Style Suspension Vehicles only
-Must have working headlights, taillights, and brake lights
-Must have all Factory style glass windows/windshields (No Plexiglass/lexan)
-Must have interior carpet

Keep checking in, additional information will be coming soon!

Last edited:

NGC1

www.Myspace.com/NGCracing
Factory and aftermarket blowers will be allowed. That is simply what we decided to name the class because all vehicles entering were equipped with a blower from the factory.

N.G.C.

Few safety rules

Few safety rules. More coming this weekend:

If your car is brought on a trailer and you attend a race track often you need the proper safety equipment. Such as follows...
-Roll Cage
- Helmet
-Neck Brace

you know what is generally expected out of your ride. These are just the obvious, more to come this weekend.

IF YOUR CAR EXCEEDS 10.99 YOU MUST HAVE A HELMET AND SOME SORT OF ROLL CAGE... NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
This is just a few rules for now. We are waiting for the rest of the rules from the track. Check back this weekend!!

96project

Established Member
it can still be mixed gas tho right? and if i have a pushrod motor in a 96 cobra im guessing i would be in the pushrod class.....

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Sweet. Ill be there for sure but I won't have my car. I don't wanna have to re-clean after all that driving.

tommustangii

Established Member
this class seems to be fox bodied cars and newer, my car never heard of air bags then! what class do i run in?

Rodcobra

Established Member
“Push rod” class:
1995 and older Mustangs/Fords, all other Ford vehicles

;-)

zlocke17

Established Member
this is one of the coolest setups i have ever seen. the classes and rules are sweet. i love the idea. a bunch of mustangs racing and sharing stories. sounds awesome. i wanna run my car once too. plus who doesn't love the beach? ha sounds great. cant wait.

Rodcobra

Established Member
Guys,due to stuff that we have on control over the ""shootout to find the fastest street-driven cars at Mustang Week!"" is not happening . :mj:

We are looking to do something ,so we will update this SOON. :-D

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
Dragnight was never canceled?? The NGC pulled out but we've come up with a good alternative for those interested. See below!
-------------------------------

Okay folks, we come up something that will make Dragnight even more exciting! This year we will hold the first Mustang Week Dragnight Shootout. We will still be running our normal test-n-tune as always, but adding some spice to the night! Dragnight will begin at 3pm this year which gives us an extra 2 hours at the track as well!

The following classes are meant to be FUN! This is not a sanctioned event. We have put together these classes hoping to give those of you who feel the need for a bit more competition a chance to see how you stack up to other cars at Mustang Week! Again, this is for FUN and bragging rights. We don't want to spend the entire night with folks arguing about which class their car belongs in, so remember, the name of the game is to have some fun.

Registration will take place at the track (look for a separate tent) and will begin around 3:30 pm and end at 6:00 pm. At 6:30 pm the STREET CAR classes will go on a 30 minute cruise around the Darlington/Hartsville countryside. For those that choose to enter the STREET CAR class, be prepared to travel on both two-lane and four-lane roads at highway speeds. We will return just before 7:00 pm and get the Shootout started.

The cost to enter will be $10. The winner of each class will take a portion of whats taken in for that class. Second place will be rewarded as well. This is going to be heads-up racing. You lose, you are out. The details for how we are going to determine first round matchups is still being worked out.

Here are the classes (these are firm at this point). We'd love for you to post up if you are going to step up and enter. Tell us your name and what class you'll be entering. We'll be available to talk about the Shootout each day leading up to dragnight.

STREET CAR (Naturally Aspirated) qualifications
1. Daily driven
2. Must compete on DOT approved tires that can be driven on the street/highway.
3. Inspection Sticker (if applicable by State where car is registered)
4. Valid/current registration
5. Proof of insurance on the vehicle.
6. Stock ECM
7. EFI or Carb set up's
8. NO power adders (ie. Nitrous, supercharger, turbo)
9. No Transbrakes
10. Automatic and manually shifted trans only
11. Pump Gas only
12. No vehicles can be trailerd in.
13. All participants in this class will be required to go on the 20-30 minute cruise beginning at 6:30pm.
14. Once the cruise begins, no hoods will be allowed open. The only adjustment to the car that will be allowed will be a tire pressure adjustment.

STREET CAR (Power Adder) qualifications
1. Daily driven
2. Must compete on DOT approved tires that can be driven on the street/highway.
3. Valid Inspection Sticker (if applicable by State where car is registered)
4. Valid registration
5. Proof of insurance on the vehicle.
6. Stock ECM
7. EFI or Carb set up's
8. Power adder welcome
9. No Transbrakes
10. Automatic and manually shifted trans only
11. Pump Gas only
12. No vehicles can be trailerd in.
13. All participants in this class will be required to go on the 20-30 minute cruise beginning at 6:30pm.
14. Once the cruise begins, no hoods will be allowed open. The only adjustment to the car that will be allowed will be a tire pressure adjustment.

WEEKEND WARRIOR Qualifications
1. Vehicle that can be driven on the street (this class is intended for those cars that are typically trailered to the track and may/may not have valid license tags/registration
2. No Slick or DR that is taller than 28"
3. Power adders welcome
4. Aftermarket EFI acceptable
5. EFI or Carb set up's
6. Trans Brake accepted
7. Pump Gas or race fuel.
9. Fuel Cell permitted

ALL-OUT qualifications
1. Full Cage
2. Transbrake accepted
3. Single or Dual power adders accepted.
4. ALL SAFETY GEAR required of the car’s typical times must be utilized! (CHUTE if applicable, FULL fire retardant suit, fire extinguisher or suppression system, full 10-12 point cage, etc.)
5. This class is intended for individual and shop-owned cars that typically compete in a class such as an Outlaw class or something similar.

Users who are viewing this thread