2008 Mustang GT "Special Edition"?

JDrake

Established Member
My dad bought his 08 gt last may used from a local dealership. it is white w/ black stripes and black rocker panel stripes that say "special edition" in them. Other than that, it looks just like any other GT. My questions is if anybody has heard/seen anything like this? Another thing is that the other day we found out that the hood was not metal it was infact fiberglass. Do all the S197 GTs have fiberglass hoods? Here's a pic.

052-1.jpg

VEE EIGHT

Banned
Dealers put a whole bunch of shit on their cars to get them sold. There is no "special edition" GT. Its just a decal the dealer slapped on. I hope your dad didn't pay extra for a "special edition".

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
There is no special edition I know about. But in reality there are so many S197 "special/limited edition" models out there, its hard to keep count.

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
There are so many "Special" and "Limited" edition S197s it's just plain ridiculous. There were a lot of Ford authorized editions, but a lot of dealers came up with their own too. Call up the dealer and ask what is special about it. I doubt much from the lettering and placement.

JDrake

Established Member
no he bought it used and got it for a steal there was no mark up the dealer didnt know much about it actually, but does anybody know if a fiberglass hood is stock on S197s?

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
no he bought it used and got it for a steal there was no mark up the dealer didnt know much about it actually, but does anybody know if a fiberglass hood is stock on S197s?

I do not have a fiberglass hood and mine is stock.

JDrake

Established Member
Good idea to find out if the car had been wrecked (since it was purchased used) :idea:

thats a good question b/c when he first bought it the driver side amber light was held up by duct tape, so we made the dealer buy a new bumber and paint it, they said that someone forgot to put the hand brake up and it bumped a pole....:shrug: now some bubbles on the hood just cracked..... the carfax was clean so idk.

Users who are viewing this thread