2008 Harley saleen supercharged tuck help me make it fast!!!

99lightning_svt

Established Member
My buddy has one of the new trucks and it is slow as shit!:shrug:
The tune cuts out or something at full throttle and feels like a hiccup in the tune! Do they make a tuner or something for these trucks i cant find anything!!!

VictorySong

Established Member
My buddy has one of the new trucks and it is slow as shit!:shrug:
The tune cuts out or something at full throttle and feels like a hiccup in the tune! Do they make a tuner or something for these trucks i cant find anything!!!

Team JDM are the only shop I could find that offers a tune for the supercharged saleens.

Another option would be to take it to a shop and getting it dyno tuned. I would imagine you could use the same tuner for the regular F-150 assuming it's the same ECU as long as you don't try to run a canned N/A tune.

mbsvt

My Hot Rod's
Established Member
S/c

We just installed a saleen s/c with an upgraded
pulley for one of the guys in are shop that has a 2008 ford 150 limited 5.4 3v.
Custom burn't a diablo tune with a mafia set on 2 (cause it pegged the maf)
It has made a big improvment on performance from the stock pulley the saleen blower
comes with.
But still an't no lightning

99lightning_svt

Established Member
We just installed a saleen s/c with an upgraded
pulley for one of the guys in are shop that has a 2008 ford 150 limited 5.4 3v.
Custom burn't a diablo tune with a mafia set on 2 (cause it pegged the maf)
It has made a big improvment on performance from the stock pulley the saleen blower
comes with.
But still an't no lightning

Well i cant figure out the hick up it makes!

oki

Step up or STFU!
Established Member
If I am not mistaken, that Saleen package has a limiter put on it from the factory...you need to have it tuned to take it off and that should allow you to wake it up. Its nothing special though, but at least you won't be having that hiccup anymore.

I have not seen much more info on what to do on this truck on the other sites...you might want to go check out Welcome to the National Harley Truck Owners Club or Lightning Forum | Ford F150 SVT Lightning and Harley Davidson Online Community for info also.

oe542bob

Here's what I did! Traded my HD 150 in on a 09 GT 500! Had an 02 HD 150 for about 5 1/2 years and got the bug for a new one. Traded my 02 on a 07 HD 150 and basically hated it the longer I had it. I swear my 02 with 340hp would have blown the doors off the 07 with 450hp. Top speed about 93mph. Asked dealer whats up with that and they said it was because of the speed rating on the tires! The tires are rated at about 150mph so the story was just a lam excuse. Contacted JDM and they were going to tune it for me, but I never had it done. One thing I found out was the 07 is over 500lbs heavier than the 02 was. Another thing I did not like about the 07 was the suspension. It was like any other f-150. Not lowered like the 02, and it was too high in the air for a 2wd truck. Well I feel better now, just venting a little. Good luck with your truck!

KevF

Super Snake wannabe
Established Member
Hey,

I tried out a Roush f150 and a Harley/ Saleen f150 when I was looking to upgrade my '03. Was very let down by both due to the lack of power. Ford certainly had an major input as to how much boost to allow and what to set the speed limiter too....

I now have an '07 Harley/Saleen truck which I bought brand new. Sent it to JDM in New Jersey for a 'tweak' before shipping to me here in the UK.

This was the dyno run done by JDM prior to shipping the truck to me. This was with the factory Saleen blower but with the JDM upgrades...

scan.jpg

Unfortunately after 500 miles here,the engine died. Holed the block.

Excessive crankshaft end play was the official diagnosis but Jim D'Amore Snr at JDM said the internals of the new 5.4 3v engines in these trucks are not beefed up like the '03 Anniversary supercharged ones. Conrods and pistons are made of paper so any slight increase in boost could make them go pop.

Got a replacement engine from JDM through warranty which has been slightly modded to accept more boost. She regularly hits 10 on the boost gauge now and is a lot quicker and goes way off the speedo. Still doesnt feel as quick as my old '03 with mods but she is heavier.....

JDM and Troyer do upgrades but be very careful without doing any internal mods..I believe Troyer is cheaper but essentially the same. CAI, smaller pulley and colder plugs with a handheld tuner....

here are some pix of my engine afterwards..

BlownEngine017.jpg

BlownEngine005.jpg

BlownEngine007.jpg

I am no way saying the JDM work caused the engine to blow. I think the truck is a Friday afetrnoon truck. JDM were tops for helping me out when this went especially as I am in the UK without any Ford warranty to help me....

Harleyafterblownengine027.jpg

Harleyafterblownengine017.jpg

Harleyafterblownengine018.jpg

Last edited:

KevF

Super Snake wannabe
Established Member
LOL....for my ego I'd love to say yeah I was maxxing it to the limit beating a SRT10 but unfortunately it was just as I was turning into a side turning and not even on half throttle.
I just puled off from the lights, turned into the street and heard a bang then clouds of oil smoke in the rear view mirror......hit neutral and turned engine off.

Looked underneath and saw the hole in the block and spewing oil all over the floor.....:cuss:
Still 18 months on and the truck runs very strong now.

Users who are viewing this thread