2008 GT500 or My 2014 GT? Thoughts? Opinions?

Tony_GT_14

Established Member
Some of you know I drive 70 miles five days a week and have been throwing around all kinds of ideas about what to do to my GT.

I have $34k in the car as it sits. Well, I have CS1's coming for it, but I included those. I know I'm going to put at least another $3k-$4k in her. Now, if I go with a S/C, we're talking another $7k-$8k, not including a clutch.

So now we're around $46k in a car that I can say is personalized for ME! But is it really worth it?

I can get low mileage, 2008 GT500 for $33k-35k. I can wholesale my car for $27k and sell the mods (I wouldn't wholesale it, just getting an idea what it's worth). I would just pay the difference and off I go!

I'm just trying to look at this thing from every angle I can. Thank you for your input!:beer:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
it depends on what you want man. the 2008 gt500 has the iron block which im not a fan of but it can make alot of power on the stock bottom end. but it will need a bigger blower and supporting mods to make significantly more power so is not just free power. it is a heavy car and i am not a fan of the body style of the early s197. im not a fan of this one either but for me at least this modle is a bit easier on the eyes. it has a a stout transmission too but like i said before its heavy and it would need more power to run the same times of a 2011+ gt with a bit less power.

Tony_GT_14

Established Member
That's the thing, my car is about as fast, if not faster, than an early GT500. Plus, I paid $31,800 OTD for mine, cash money. I'd lose most of the mod money and another few grand of depreciation.

I too am not a huge fan of the iron block. I like the body style of mine better too. I don't want to spend the difference to get a 2011+. I could, but man, I would feel like crap!

It sounds like I'm just spinning my wheels and mentally masturbating!!!! lol, I'm gonna end up spending the money on my '14!! o_O

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
That's the thing, my car is about as fast, if not faster, than an early GT500. Plus, I paid $31,800 OTD for mine, cash money. I'd lose most of the mod money and another few grand of depreciation.

I too am not a huge fan of the iron block. I like the body style of mine better too. I don't want to spend the difference to get a 2011+. I could, but man, I would feel like crap!

It sounds like I'm just spinning my wheels and mentally masturbating!!!! lol

to me it sounds like you dont even want the gt500 LOLOL. i would keep the gt and its already paid for. just get a rotating assembly and put a blower on it and you have a gt500 right there that is brand new and unique. ofcourse it wont hold the value of a gt500 but if you get bored of it one day you will be able to trade it for another heavily moded car. i think that trading cars is the only way of not getting raped with moded cars. im talking about forums trade also. a transmission would also be a good idea but that could come later on.

Tony_GT_14

Established Member
to me it sounds like you dont even want the gt500 LOLOL. i would keep the gt and its already paid for. just get a rotating assembly and put a blower on it and you have a gt500 right there that is brand new and unique. ofcourse it wont hold the value of a gt500 but if you get bored of it one day you will be able to trade it for another heavily moded car. i think that trading cars is the only way of not getting raped with moded cars. im talking about forums trade also. a transmission would also be a good idea but that could come later on.

LOL! My woman said the same thing! I don't plan on getting rid of this car, ever!

And I love the idea of having a car of my own. Something unique, like you said.

I also agree on the trading. I couldn't ever sell it, but yeah, trading wouldn't be an issue, if I wanted to.

Keep it comin' though! :burnout:

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
My buddy has a built 3.4 whipple 09 gt500 it is a monster, but its heavy and even with the almost 200hp he has on me on the street I get him off the line and he comes around me at 60 or more.

black2007shelby

pure venom
Established Member
One kid with an nitrous 14gt just beat me by half a car length . We ran a quarter mile on the street. Mine 07 gt500 is pullied and tune and is a convertible. You decide what u like.

HammeredSoul

Established Member
Some of you know I drive 70 miles five days a week and have been throwing around all kinds of ideas about what to do to my GT.

I have $34k in the car as it sits. Well, I have CS1's coming for it, but I included those. I know I'm going to put at least another $3k-$4k in her. Now, if I go with a S/C, we're talking another $7k-$8k, not including a clutch.

So now we're around $46k in a car that I can say is personalized for ME! But is it really worth it?

I can get low mileage, 2008 GT500 for $33k-35k. I can wholesale my car for $27k and sell the mods (I wouldn't wholesale it, just getting an idea what it's worth). I would just pay the difference and off I go!

I'm just trying to look at this thing from every angle I can. Thank you for your input!:beer:
I recently drove a 2009 GT500 that was bone stock with 30k on the odometer. It was for sale at the Ford dealership where I bought my 14 GT. My impressions were that it made good power, but didn't seem any faster than my GT. It had good low-mid range grunt, but didn't spin as freely up top as the Coyote. In the motor department, the 5.0 is more fun IMHO. What absolutely killed it for me was how heavy the front end felt. It literally pushed its front wheels through corners that I could take my GT through without even breaking a sweat. The 2012+ GT is a better car, no doubt about it.

Tony_GT_14

Established Member
I recently drove a 2009 GT500 that was bone stock with 30k on the odometer. It was for sale at the Ford dealership where I bought my 14 GT. My impressions were that it made good power, but didn't seem any faster than my GT. It had good low-mid range grunt, but didn't spin as freely up top as the Coyote. In the motor department, the 5.0 is more fun IMHO. What absolutely killed it for me was how heavy the front end felt. It literally pushed its front wheels through corners that I could take my GT through without even breaking a sweat. The 2012+ GT is a better car, no doubt about it.

I agree. I've drove a 2008 with 2,100 miles on it way back when I worked at a dealership. Very heavy, good grunt, but top-end was lacking. I like a high revving motor anyway.

I'm just going to keep making the GT my own. A 540rwhp daily driver! Hopefully It'll be as reliable as I need it to be. :-D

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
buy a terminator. its a rare collector car, and the only thing ford ever did right. women will strip off their cloths and jump into the streets when you go by. everyone will tell you it looks brand new, and think you paid like 50k for it. when you rev the motorz it whinez because supercharger.

5.0s are ugly, and slow, and are just a GT. it no say "TEH COBRO" on the side. real carz have teh snakes on them. plus its got a viper tranz and walks vettes and small air craft with just a pulley.

Tony_GT_14

Established Member
buy a terminator. its a rare collector car, and the only thing ford ever did right. women will strip off their cloths and jump into the streets when you go by. everyone will tell you it looks brand new, and think you paid like 50k for it. when you rev the motorz it whinez because supercharger.

5.0s are ugly, and slow, and are just a GT. it no say "TEH COBRO" on the side. real carz have teh snakes on them. plus its got a viper tranz and walks vettes and small air craft with just a pulley.

OMG!!! I MUST HAVE ONE OF THESE CARS OF WHICH YOU SPEAK!!!

Will it provide "pleasure" while driving??? What if I put a REAL snake in my SLOW, unworthy "5.Slow"?? I can keep him in my pants...............LOL

:eek:

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
OMG!!! I MUST HAVE ONE OF THESE CARS OF WHICH YOU SPEAK!!!

Will it provide "pleasure" while driving??? What if I put a REAL snake in my SLOW, unworthy "5.Slow"?? I can keep him in my pants...............LOL

:eek:

you couldn't afford a terminator, that why you bought that POS GT. which is just a GT. not a cobro

SuperBlownGT

Forever CoBro!
Established Member

5.Bro post :D

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
OP, don't even consider a GT500 over a 5.0 if you are driving that far daily. It sucks at mpg. Only 19 hwy avg.

/sarcasm :lol1:

Tony_GT_14

Established Member
you couldn't afford a terminator, that why you bought that POS GT. which is just a GT. not a cobro

:cryying::cryying:

The dreams of being worshiped by my peers have now been dashed.

I hope you are happy sir. You have made me curl up in a corner and cuddle with an old C&D magazine...............weeping at my failure.....

Tony_GT_14

Established Member
I was considering that too. Right now I'm averaging 23-25 on the trip to work. The GT500 would certainly be a noticeable hit. I couldn't imagine what it would be if I flogged it a bit.

One thing I just thought of tonight was the insurance! I would think it would be higher on the GT500.

OP, don't even consider a GT500 over a 5.0 if you are driving that far daily. It sucks at mpg. Only 19 hwy avg.

/sarcasm :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread