2008 GT "Sleeper" package?!!?

dizzygoat

Established Member
Ok, i know this isnt something Ford itself offers, but my local dealership does. They are going to do this to a few mustangs to try and move a few '08's off the lot. What it is: a 2008 GT 5-speed, loaded with all options and a Ford Racing supercharger installed on it. They will honor the full powertrain warranty just as if it was stock since they are doing the install. They are also going to give me employee pricing on it. I can basically get a loaded 5-speed GT with the Ford Racing blower, installed and warranted for right at $31k. The car "MIGHT" come with suspension too, im not sure ill find that out tomorrow when i go look at it.
What im wondering is, first off do you guys think that the price is right for what ill be getting? How reliable are these blowers, and how reliable are the motors and transmissions with these blowers? Also, what kind of track times should i expect with this setup? They said the car is making 400hp, i dont know if thats wheel, or just motor.
Ill be coming from an '06 GTO 6-speed with boltons, and i dont want to be disappointed with the speed/power. To me all this sounds like a great price, but then again im new to the ford scene, thats why im asking you guys if the price sounds right, and if you think it will be faster than my goat, or at least as fast for that matter?
Any and all input will be greatly appreciated.
So, thanks in advance!!

Brad

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
My gf has a full warrentied blower(roushcharger) set up in her 06 gt vert. This set up comes with a pulley up-grade under warrenty. She just had it dynoed and put down 416rwhp. She got the full 5/60,000 warrenty.; this is a worry free blower set up...when ever she has a problem she brings it to the dealer gets a loaner car and dose'nt cost a penny. Oh and she has ruined many ls2 gto's manhoods.

ultamax

Established Member
That's a much better price than a dealer in DFW offered for a similar deal but with Roushcharger instead. I think we were looking at high 30's out the door. I opted to throw a little more on the table and walked away with a leftover/untitled '07 Saleen SC instead. I'd go for that deal, assuming the Whipple has good reliability, which I am not familiar with.

If you're not talking about GP Ford, and have not checked them out, try them too. They have their own special edition car (with coverage) that may be another option for you. They also have an in-house speed shop and back their own work. Glen Dean would be your contact.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Local dealer has a lot of these. They have Roushchargers on them with FRPP suspension. Pretty cool deal.

Cobra-O

Established Member
Buying a 08 GT for 31k, why not spring for the extra 5-6k and get a low mileage 08 GT500? Seems like the GT500 would hold value better??

+1

I've got the 08 with the 550 Whipple Package. I wish I would have waited and picked up a used GT500 with the market they are in now.

I love my car though, no worries.

Stang925

Established Member
Buying a 08 GT for 31k, why not spring for the extra 5-6k and get a low mileage 08 GT500? Seems like the GT500 would hold value better??

not only would it hold its vaule but if you mod that you would have better numbers and be taking out any so called "goats" coming your way and more. lol i say go GT500.

dizzygoat

Established Member
i passed on the "sleeper" cause it was the non-intercooled version and i dont trust that in the Texas heat, warranty or no warranty i dont want to blow it up.
Ive now been looking at the Roush 427, but dont like the fact that is a roots type blower, whereas the whipples and saleens are twin-screw.
If i can find a GT500 for the right price (mid 30's) id jump on it in a second, used or new it doesnt matter to me, id LOVE to have a shelby or saleen

Users who are viewing this thread