2008 fixed salvage gt500kr with 2,250 miles

KBmach1

Established Member
what is a 2008 gt500 KR with 2,250 miles on it worth. It has been fixed. it had light damage

Last edited:

vnmous93cobra

Established Member
what is a 2008 gt500 KR with 2,250 miles on it that has been fixed it had light damage

It's a nice car if it was done right. Any more questions?

Sorry, not trying to be a smart alec, ok I am, but you didn't ask what it's worth, you asked what is it??

Last edited:

ndisisiv

Established Member
seen a salvage 08 gt 500 white w red stripes i think under 10k miles go for 26k on ebay with salvage title. had some light front end damage . he had lots of pics of before and after the fix.

KBmach1

Established Member
hey

its black with black interior these things sell for around 55,000 what is a salvage title worth it was lightly hit bumper and headlight needed replaced its a gt500 KR

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
its black with black interior these things sell for around 55,000 what is a salvage title worth it was lightly hit bumper and headlight needed replaced its a gt500 KR

whatever someone is willing to pay for it :coolman:

cornholio

Established Member
If it is a legit KR, you are looking at 10-20k (50%) more than a comp salvaged GT500 (Non KR). As stated, it also makes a big diff if you can confirm the type or extent of damage.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
$45k range is a very fair price if it was done right.

I'm leaning more towards 20K's. It has a salvage title, you cannot get full coverage as the insurance company has deemed its value at this point to be $0. Although it maybe a great car, the value is gone once a salvage/rebuilt title has been issued.

KBmach1

Established Member
hey

20ks lol no sorry thats alittle bit of a joke. i was thinking more around 40 to
45k clean title would cost atleat 10 to 20k more

RussZTT

Established Member
Light or heavy damage, either way it's a salvage title. You're not going to get the value of one with no salvage titled car. Insurance adjuster will not total a car for a bumper and headlight. There was hidden damage im sure or more than you're telling us.

Last edited:

vnmous93cobra

Established Member
I'm leaning more towards 20K's. It has a salvage title, you cannot get full coverage as the insurance company has deemed its value at this point to be $0. Although it maybe a great car, the value is gone once a salvage/rebuilt title has been issued.

You've never dealt with a salvage title vehicle have you. I've had many, and never had an issue getting full coverage insurance. The value is in no way "gone", it is decreased. You can also insure for a stated value on any vehicle, it just depends on if you want to pay extra to insure it for a higher value. It would go for more than $20k if it was still in "salvage" condition.

Light or heavy damage, either way it's a salvage title. You're not going to get the value of one with no salvage titled car. Insurance adjuster will not total a car for a bumper and headlight. There was hidden damage im sure or more than you're telling us.

I would agree with all of that. The more valuable the car the bigger percentage gap you will see in reconditioned vs. clean title, and it's true a recon title car will never have equal value to the equivalant clear title car. That being said he is pricing this car at basically a 25-30% discount from a clear title version. That would be a very reasonable price.

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
You've never dealt with a salvage title vehicle have you. I've had many, and never had an issue getting full coverage insurance. The value is in no way "gone", it is decreased. You can also insure for a stated value on any vehicle, it just depends on if you want to pay extra to insure it for a higher value. It would go for more than $20k if it was still in "salvage" condition.

ummmm, yes I have. I had an '03 Mach 1 that was a salvage title vehicle. It had gotten the carpets "wet" during hurricane Rita. Once I purchased the vehicle, I had to bring it to the state police where they issued me a usage registration from that point I was able to get it titled. The car was perfect and I drove it for an additional 30K miles before I sold it, but the title was and will be forever a rebuilt title. The car did not qualify for any insurance coverage other than liability(Allstate) as it had been TOTALED by an insurance company(State Farm). From what I understand, some insurance carriers will give full coverage, but should something happend to the car again, ie a total, you will not get anywhere near the value of a clean title car. The title/carfax will forever show the TOTAL/SALVAGE, and thus the value is highly diminished. I bought the car in '06 for $9500 with 32K miles. At that time, Machs that had clean titles were in the low 20's high teens. Don't kid yourself because the car looks great and was originally 70K, that it's worth anything close to that now.

vnmous93cobra

Established Member
ummmm, yes I have. I had an '03 Mach 1 that was a salvage title vehicle. It had gotten the carpets "wet" during hurricane Rita. Once I purchased the vehicle, I had to bring it to the state police where they issued me a usage registration from that point I was able to get it titled. The car was perfect and I drove it for an additional 30K miles before I sold it, but the title was and will be forever a rebuilt title. The car did not qualify for any insurance coverage other than liability(Allstate) as it had been TOTALED by an insurance company(State Farm). From what I understand, some insurance carriers will give full coverage, but should something happend to the car again, ie a total, you will not get anywhere near the value of a clean title car. The title/carfax will forever show the TOTAL/SALVAGE, and thus the value is highly diminished. I bought the car in '06 for $9500 with 32K miles. At that time, Machs that had clean titles were in the low 20's high teens. Don't kid yourself because the car looks great and was originally 70K, that it's worth anything close to that now.

Oh, ok, so you have a lot of knowledge based on that one experience, I see. Salt water flood vehicles will always be the lowest value/hardest to sell salvage vehicles. Many people that specialize in buying salvage vehicles and fixing them will not touch a salt water flood vehicle. I've had a couple dozen that were wrecked and repaired, and there is a ton of false information out there about salvage/reconditioned title vehicles. I have heard the insurance thing, I've insured them through at least 3 different carriers now, and never had an issue getting full coverage. I've heard you can't get a loan on one, I've also never had an issue getting a loan to buy one (oh, and you have to have full coverage if you have a lien against one). I've heard you can't get them inspected, also not true. It is a process the very first time, but once the car has been registered and inspected, it's just like getting any other car inspected.

You are correct, Carfax will ALWAYS show there was a total loss/accident, the title will ALWAYS show salvage/reconditioned, and it will ALWAYS be worth some amount less than a clean title vehicle just like it. You are also correct that this one is not worth any where near $70k. Then again $40k is no where near $70k. Again, the car would bring way more than $20k if it was still wrecked sitting at the insurance auction.

Last edited:

cobrkilrl

Established Member
I gave 64,000 for an 09 KR with 30 miles on it. Black on Black. Average your price from there. Salvage title should be a lot less than what I paid for mine. 40,000 to 45,000 I would think would be a fair price but I would not buy it without seeing it first and all paper work for what was done to the car to fix it. JMO

Users who are viewing this thread