2008-2010 Shelby GT500KR Springs

OneCoolGT

Established Member
2008-2010 Shelby GT500KR Suspension

Set of front and rear springs, struts and shocks. Springs are new in box never used and the struts/shocks have less than 10k on them. Bought the suspension kit from Ford but not liking the ride quality on my GT, it's a daily driver and it's way too stiff for my liking. Make an offer!

Last edited:

Gabe9195

Whippled Coyote
Established Member
Will these lower an otherwise-stock-suspension '08 Shelby?

I'm interested in using the rears only, how much would they lower?

OneCoolGT

Established Member
I'm not sure about how much lower it would make it, these are the specs on it though..

• Fits 2008-2010 Mustang Shelby GT500
• Original equipment on 2008-2009 Mustang Shelby GT500KR®
• Stiffness enhanced with wheel rates 17 percent higher in the front and 7 percent higher in the rear

This is from the Ford Racing website, which includes the struts and shocks in the description. You would have to check the height on yours and compare it to the stock height of the KR.

Stevan26

Established Member
You can get these for like 220-240$ brand new now if you look hard enough, i paid 180$ for mine even,

Stevan26

Established Member
It lowers it about 7/8 in the front and 1inch on the rear
Its more like 3/4 and 7/8 till It settles in.

I did it this winter... so i havnt drivn it yet... but it should handle and feel much better then stock! Being lower, and 20% stiffer... ive heard good things thats why i got it...

OneCoolGT

Established Member
Yea I see these kits going dirt cheap now..makes me wonder why they're practically giving them away! I changed it to make me an offer on them, I have no use for them now.

Stevan26

Established Member
giving them away cause its hard to sell expensive when better aftermarket stuff is close to the same price

///Bruce

///Bruce
Established Member
I believe from what I've read owning a KR, from a stock GT500 to KR springs it's .7" in front and 1.0" in the rear. Look at images of a KR then your car and gauge if the stance is to your liking.

And yes, the suspension is tight.

Users who are viewing this thread