2007 Shelby GT500 3inch muffler delete options (lack thereof)??

Boostedtres

Established Member
Hello Ladies and Gents --

I just tried to post this, but apparently it didnt work, so let's try this again and hope I dont have to type it out AGAIN.

Before anyone jumps down my throat. Yes, I have searched, and searched, and emailed vendors, and searched some more, with no luck. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 2007 Shelby GT500 with a JBA Catted 3inch X-pipe and a full 3 inch JBA CBE from the previous owner. I would prefer not to ditch the catted set-up since its pricey. The JBA CBE is terrible. It sounds good (ish) under WOT, but under normal driving, its quiet. Too quiet, this is a "muscle car" and it sounds like a hybrid. A hybrid that drones terribly on the highway. For reference, my other car (flame away) is a 2004 Evo 8 with 3.5 inch straight pipes from the turbo back (no cats, resonators, and a aeroturbine muffler). It makes the shelby sound like a civic. Not acceptable. Needless to say, I like loud cars.

I have been looking at Muffler deletes, but everything I find is for a 2.5 inch exhaust. The 2011 + offers 3inch as an upgrade since they have the 2.75 exhaust, but no 3inch muffler deletes for 2007.

My options as I seem them are:
- Replace full system from LT's back with the pipes I want (pricey and not first choice)
- Buy a 2.5 in CBE I like (like the Roush), use a 3 - 2.5 reducer and get a muffler delete
- Buy a full 3 in CBE replacement (Bassani and Magnaflow seem only options) but still no muffler delete, so sound will be similar
- Have a shop custom cut me some 3 inch straight pipes to replace the mufflers
- Somehow use a custom reducer to add 2.5 in muffler deletes with 3.5 tips, but I dont see this as a viable options from price and performance standpoint

Does anyone have any suggestions, maybe something I missed during my research? Anyone else have similar problem and come up with a good solution? I would prefer not to ditch the entire exhaust, but with all the driving ive been doing, the droning is starting to get annoying and hard to go WOT to hear it while stuck in traffic.

Sorry for the long post, thank you to all those who read it, and appreciate any suggestions.

Joewee500

Established Member
I have the jba catless x and 3" jba exhaust. I bought 2 aero 3040i mufflers and had them welded in place of the JBA mufflers. Talk about loud and raspy. I had two small resonators welded in post xpipe and it tamed the rasp a bit. That's one option for you

Users who are viewing this thread